Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can anyone help with sat nav problem icn 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone help with sat nav problem icn 520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twynam2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Can anyone help with sat nav problem icn 520 Reply with quote

Hiya, this is my first time on here so I apologise if I have put this topic in the wrong place.

My problem is I have had a navman icn 520 for a couple of months, and to be honest not very good at using it, my problem is that when I first was using it, when it was navigating me to somewhere it would give me the spoken instructions and to begin with I could follow myself on the map but once the little blue arrow got to the end of the screen it dissappeared and I could no longer follow my route on the map(but still getting voice instructions) I was playing about with it pressed something and solved this problem, and the map began to move with me..... Anyway I havn't used it for a few weeks and yesterday went to use it and it done the same thing again the blue arrow which is the car kept dissapearing off the screen. The other thing it does if this happens is if I take a wrong turn while it is in this mode, it just stops giving me instructions but when the map is following me it does give me instructions if I take a wrong turn it either recalculates the route or tells me to turn aroiund, but all this is lost when it is in this funny mode!!! can anybody help, if you can make sense of the above that is!!!! I have tried different things but canot get it to change.....
Peter_RN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth reading this topic http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34616 as there are a few possibilities listed there to try.

Peter
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though you are using the 2D mode where you need to use 3D mode to get the full details.

Set yourself a route, then try pressing the PAGE button (next to ESC) a few times to scroll thru the screens until you see the map with a blue bar top and bottom which hold the various directions you need. The arrow now follows as you drive and the direction you are going is always 'up'.
twynam2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter_RN wrote:
It might be worth reading this topic http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34616 as there are a few possibilities listed there to try.

Peter

I will take a look at that thanks!!
twynam2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
It sounds as though you are using the 2D mode where you need to use 3D mode to get the full details.

Set yourself a route, then try pressing the PAGE button (next to ESC) a few times to scroll thru the screens until you see the map with a blue bar top and bottom which hold the various directions you need. The arrow now follows as you drive and the direction you are going is always 'up'.

I have tried all that I have tried goiung through all the pages but they all don't follow the car!!!
twynam2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter_RN wrote:

Peter

Well I have had a good look at this topic, seems I am not the only one who is having the same problem, I was beginning to think I was going mad!!!

There are a few things on there I can try, thanks Peter for pointing out that topic.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: