Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom BT GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom BT GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: TomTom BT GPS Reply with quote

I have used the bluetooth navigator with my iPaq 2210 on 2 long journeys.
And on both occassions, after an hours use, both BT lights turn red/orange and the software errors saying cannot find serial port.
The units are charged and I cannot turn off/on the BT unit.

Sometimes the red light can also flash blue, visible against the red.

After 5 minutes I can reset the BT unit and it works fine.

Any clues??

Cheers

Sean
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I take it you're using the silver TomTom Bluetooth GPS ? You say both BT lights go orange, do you mean the one on the 2210 and the one on the BT GPS ?

If so, I haven't seen this happen before, is it only appearing after an hours use ? If so, the only thing I can think of is there's something that's overheating in the BT GPS.

This sounds like it's more like a BT GPS fault, because not being able to switch it off wouldn't be something the 2210 has caused.

The only other thing that crosses my mind is it could be a distance or interference problem. How far away is the BT GPS from the 2210 ? And do you have any other BT devices in-car that might be talking, or WiFi ?
MikeIB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't suggest a solution, but I've had a problem with both of the lights on the TomTom BT GPS going orange/red simultaneously. I've also had the blue BT light flashing at the same time as the red light is showing.

In my case, the problem has happened after using the BT GPS on battery until it's displaying the red light and then trying to use the car cigar lighter. Initially, it's impossible to connect to the BT GPS but after about five minutes of switching the equipment on and off, it seems to work fine again. Fortunately it's only happened to me when there's been someone in the passenger seat - otherwise it would be a bit inconvenient.
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The units are less than 6 inches apart from each other and there are no other wifi/bluetooth devices around.

I think it may be overheating as you suggested. it doesn't feel warm. But the unit was connected to the car charger.
paulgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if you have found a solution to this one seanm. I have recently bought a TomTom Bluetooth GPS (the silver one) and have seen the same symptoms that you describe (can't turn off, red light coming on and blue light flashing in the background). I have also noticed that the GPS seems to drop its Bluetooth connection to my PDA (iPAQ 2210) on a frequent basis when the GPS is being charged. Given that there are at least three of us with these problems I wonder if TomTom has released a dodgy batch. Is the only solution to return the units?
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found a solution yet! TomTom haven't replied to my mail from 3 weeks ago.
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Failed Me Again!! Reply with quote

Problem happened again this weekend

Round trip to London from West Midlands.
OK getting there.
But journey back 3 quarters of the way home, TomTom reported no Bluetooth Serial Port, red light came on and I could not switch it off.

BT GPS Unit plugged into Car Charger and fully charged.

Back to the retailer I think as TomTom don't respond to Online Support Requests.
Trude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. I haven't been unable to turn the receiver off, but if the battery gets discharged, I can't plug in the charger and continue using the receiver. When I try this it keeps disconnecting and powering off every few seconds.

By the way, does anyone know what we're supposed to do if our unit is faulty and Tomtom don't help? I bought mine from GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk and they say you have to deal directly with the manufacturer after a 28 day period......
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well tomtom haven't responded to my support request sent 4 weeks ago.

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
dmac
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop along to the TT web site get email add of boss man and ask him to employ few more support staff.
Worked a treat for me few weeks ago Laughing
Scooby2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, the problem has happened after using the BT GPS on battery until it's displaying the red light and then trying to use the car cigar lighter. Initially, it's impossible to connect to the BT GPS but after about five minutes of switching the equipment on and off, it seems to work fine again.

I had a similar problem, used on battery until the red light went on. When I put it back in the cradle it refused to work until I left it charging for about 30 minutes. Very annoying.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: