Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Databases
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Databases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: POI Databases Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know if there are POI databases for download ad use with CoPilot 4? All I can seem to find are Tom Tom based ones.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, no. TravRoute are working on this both for our Safety Camera database and also for other POI's for future versions which should allow us to make these available in multiple formats.
Thud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the DUMPOV2 program (available to download from the TomTom site) to convert TTN POI files to ascii. If you strip off the header using a text editor to leave the latitude, longitude and description information only, this file can be loaded into the desktop CoPilot program to create CP4 POIs. The POIs are downloaded to your pda at the same time as you download the map information if you check the appropriate box. As far as I can tell you can't download them by themselves.

When loading the ascii file, ignore the message that states the minimum information required. You only need latitude, longitude and name.

I haven't been able to load them to anywhere but the "custom" poi list so I edit the ascii files before importing them to include the type of poi in the name field. For example, when I loaded the poi file for National Trust sites I added NT to the start of each name so that it is easier to search for them later when trying to select a destination.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, TravRoute are working on this both for our Safety Camera database and also for other POI's for future versions which should allow us to make these available in multiple formats.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: