Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wireless Secure Webpage access
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Secure Webpage access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Wireless Secure Webpage access Reply with quote

I've got a Micromaxx MDPPC150 PDA (a Mitac MIO 168 clone) running Windows Mobile 2003.

I use a SanDisk 256MB + Wi-Fi card for occasional browsing via my home wireless network, which works fine EXCEPT when I try to access my Pipex 'hotmail'-type Email account.

I can access the secure 'sign-on' page, i.e. the URL starts https://, I input my username and password and hit 'Return', but nothing more happens, until the browser eventually gives a 'Page cannot be found' error.

However, if I connect my PDA via USB to my computer, I CAN get to read my Emails on the PDA.

Similarly, if I disable the wired network card on my desk computer, and plug in a USB wireless adaptor (so I'm accessing the network in the same way as the PDA does wirelessly) I CAN get to read my Emails on the computer.

I think this proves there's nothing on the Wireless Access Point which is blocking the onward access to my ADSL router, and that I don't need any ports opened on the router.

Has anyone any ideas ?

Philip
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip,

Could be something to do with PocketIE and the web page not liking it. There is a registry hack to make PIE act like Internet Explorer. Can't remember where it is so do a search for it.

Dave
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Yes, I've heard of the registry hack you mention, but I hadn't tried it, as I CAN get my Email if the PDA is connected to my computer via USB.

If it were the browser version causing the problem, I would expect it to not work in that circumstance, either !

I think I will give the registry hack a go, anyway - It can't do any harm, can it ? Wink

Philip
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip,

I obviously didn't read your first post very well. Your signature applies to me. Have you tried the soft / hard reset on your pda?

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: