Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Micro Fuzion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Micro Fuzion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Micro Fuzion Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about theses units or any comments on them?
They seem to be £99 with lifetime FREE updates..
A mate @ work has seen them & thinks they look ok.

Cheers

Ian
justclox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought one of these and so far it has picked up all of the cameras (both fixed and red light) along with notification of a mobile trap. They claim to have a 99% coverage of all speed trap cameras.

I had a minor query and emailed them and had an immediate favourable response. I had other queries and we communicated to nearly 10pm until they had addressed every single item on my list of queries. That I found to be excellent service.

The colour of the case is a lovely silver colour which reflects off the windscreen. You can however buy a more sensible black one at a higher price.

Unless something goes badly wrong, they have my vote.
MrHope2U
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I endorse all of the above - been using mine for six months, and I've not seen a camera it's not picked up. There are some faults - for example, if U are on a M'way and there is a 40mph camera near a flyover above, it will warn you unnecessarily (and get very agitated when you keep driving at 70!). However, at only £99 to buy and with free updates it is excellent VFM.
justclox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have noticed that it gets VERY agitated about exceeding the speed limit or Red Light Cameras whilst on the motorway.

I find it quite funny and tell it to "shut up". Granted it takes no notice of me, but it does make me feel very satisfied.

This unit definitely has my vote, whereas the previous system (Trafcam) Has my resounding vote of NO CONFIDENCE!!
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall any specific support issues though it's hard to tell without your full name. If you'd care to get in touch with me at info@trafcam.com I'll be happy to see if there's something we can do to help.

General feedback (to us) for TrafCam is positive but there are only so many forums I can monitor, so if any other TrafCam subscribers have problems or issues that they'd like us to resolve, I'd urge them to contact us directly rather than using a forum like this.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justclox wrote:
This unit definitely has my vote, whereas the previous system (Trafcam) Has my resounding vote of NO CONFIDENCE!!

Well Trafcam say some very worrying things on their web site for a so called professional product.

Quote:
What percentage coverage do you have?

It's impossible to say, as there is no official total number of installed cameras in the country.

How does your database compare to other warning products?

It is impossible to compare as most companies do not disclose the exact number of cameras that they have on the database. In addition, comparing databases is difficult - do you compare the size, or the last update date, or something else?

It would be nice to know that for £79 + £49 renewal (PDA software) that you are getting some value.

It may be impossible to know, but i would think that you could say 95% plus or something, or maybe you are getting only 50% so they dare not say.

Makes Micro Fuzion seem very good value.

These are just my personal views.
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just trying to be reasonable and not make claims we can't back up. As there isn't an official accurate figure for exacly how many speed cameras are installed in the UK, how can we (or anyone else, for that matter) express coverage as a percentage of it? There's no reference point. From the feedback we get from customers, I believe that for 'real' cameras (as opposed to possible mobile trap locations) we're as good as any other product on the market. Sure, I've had one or two people reporting cameras that we don't have on the database and saying that 'xxx other product has them already', but equally I've had people buying TrafCam and saying how much better coverage it has than their previous product. It suits some people, it doesn't suit others.

I don't believe in putting claims on our web site that I can't justify. If I said we had 99% of speed cameras in our database, I'd have to show how we've made that calculation and it just isn't possible. Sure, I can look at SCP web sites and the like, but this isn't always accurate - for example until very recently, a speed camera very close to my home wasn't on the Cheshire SCP site although it had been installed for many years.

The main point of my post, though, was again to stress that if a TrafCam subscriber is having a problem with our software, they should really report it to us by email so we can address it. I can't say whether the earlier poster has or has not contacted us, so it's not a "pointed comment" or anything, just a reminder really.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: