Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CR-100, iPAQ 2110 and TT5.21 = No GPS :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CR-100, iPAQ 2110 and TT5.21 = No GPS :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: CR-100, iPAQ 2110 and TT5.21 = No GPS :( Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to TT5 as I have a rather urgent need for the more uptodate (I hope) road maps.

When I was on the good old TT3 I just slotted my iPAQ into the cradle and everything worked OK from first install. This is not teh case now though.

I've installed TT5 and then aptched it to 5.21. Slot the iPAQ into the cradle, and I get 'No GPS Device!' shown. Whats ettings do i need to have TT set to for it to get the signal?

I have GPS veiwer load and that gets the data from the Cr-100 running on Com port 1 @4800 baud, nice long streams of data along with Sat views and everything. I just get nothing on TT5(210)

Off on a 2,000+ mile trip on friday and I really need it working for then!
Holux CR-100

Soon to be replaced with TT720 (maybe....)
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ho in to itask and check that gps veiwer is not still running if it is stop it

then start tt5 tap the signal indcator then on the next screen do the same that will take you to the main gps screen tap configure and scroll to other wired nema gps select that then set then on the next screen select serial on com1 then on the next screen set the baud rate to 4800 and then select you sahould then be taken to the main gps screen again and in the top right corner if the ipaq is in the cradle and its powered the yellow and black wheel should starat to spin if it does then that's it its working

if it doesn't then close tt5 via the exit button and from the today screen tap START > SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS >BEAM and uncheck receive all incoming beams start tt5 whilst in the cradle and it should work

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alix.

I managed to get it working late last night. I think the problem with me/it was it only seams to take the GPS signal IF you place it in the cradle, then power up the cradle. If it's done the other way round, i,e, place the iPAQ in the poweredup cradle you get nothing no matter what you set things to.

Means a little mroe awkward if thats the only way I I usualy have the cradle powered up when I sut in the car allowing it to get a fix whilst I sort the iPAQ out. Nevermind, as long as it stays working . . . . .
Holux CR-100

martynhardacre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Holux Model? Reply with quote

Googlebot, can you please tell me what model of Holux you use? I know it's the CR-100 but is the the I1 model or the I2? The reason I ask is that I have an HX2110 and have just received my new holux. It has killed my iPaq. As soon as I attach it to the cradle it goes blank and resets (even when there's no power to the GPS).

Thanks
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a old style CR-100 I believe. I have had it for well over 1 year now and it has never given me any problems.

I never did fully find out why TT did not connect with the unit. I tried it the following day and everything worked OK and has ever since.
Holux CR-100

alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin its more likely the that the ipaq faulty as said earlier have you checked the pins on the connctor on the bottom of the ipaq if there loose ten the ipaq needs fixing and its a very unlikeley but possible that yu have have the wrong cradle for your device on other pocketpcs that have a similar pin layout ie o2xda2 or 2i the connector looks the same however the conector layout is different

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
martynhardacre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pins look ok to me. What's strange is that it still charges ok and syncs with the pc. My friend has just tried the cradle with his iPaq and although it hasn't crashed like mine, it won't charge up any more!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: