Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend purchased my GPS from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk as a present, and she said the original service was impeccable.
Serveral months later (but still within Guarantee) the units screen failed, I sent it back to globalpositioningsystems, and after 1 phone call and only 4 days of sending it I recieved a replacement in the post with absolutely no hassles what so ever!

RATING
Service: 100%
Price: 100%
Efficiency: 100%

Overall: 100%

If anyone is considering purchasing a GPS or accesseries I definatly recommend www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk!!
Abo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Haicom and TT2 from GPSS a couple of months ago. I chose GPSS because they were both cheap and local for me. I ordered the GPS gear and an Arkon ventmount cradle, and was told I could pick the stuff up after 2pm (I ordered at around 11am). Cool! Only one problem: the company is a devil to find!!! I had problems finding the road (Laughing Out Loud, I could have done with my GPS), and the building is only small. I dunno, I guess I was expecting a unit with a big sign or something, but there is only a small sign in the window and I missed it...

Anyway, I picked my kit up, got it home and set everything up. The iPAQ wouldn't see the GPS. Phoned the support line and they couldn't fix the problem. They offerd to make a could of phone calls and call me back with a solution. Nice one! Heh, I managed to find out quicker by looking around the net (I'd forgotten to disable my keyboard driver, doh). I then called them back to let them know what the problem was.

Anyway. they were cheap and willing to let me collect the kit (I needed it quickly). Friendly service too.
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think they are awful actually! Evil or Very Mad

Only kiddin', was just getting a bit nauseas from reading all the 'global positioning systems are fantastic' replies. :D

OK OK, we know they're good! Laughing
JamieT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought from this company and think their service was outstanding. I wanted to buy a sat nav system and was interested in the iPAQ 4150 and TomTom Nav 2 (Didn't know whether this would work!!). I followed the link from this website and contacted GPS.

They didn't stock the iPAQ I originally wanted but discussed the possibilities of the 2210 or a palm based system. I wanted to use the system mainly in the UK but it would also save me untold ear-ache when taking the family on holiday in Europe (the missus can't read maps Evil or Very Mad !!)Spoke to Mike, who gave me great impartial advice, discussing the benefits of each system.

Allowing me time to mull over the choices and trawl the web, Rolling Eyes , for better deals I decided to go for the Navman 4400 and iPAQ 2210 bundle as this offered value for money. Couldn't find anyone who came close to matching their price.

:D :D :D :D :D Five stars for GPS
Commander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Global Positioning Systems Reply with quote

Great company, compettive prices, nice not to have the niggle of adding postag too. I know it has to be paid for but other sites show an apparantly lower price till you get to the checkout and then they add it in making it more expensive than the competition, sneeky.

The iPaq 2210 TT2 Bluetooth bundle was delivered in a couple of days and everything worked straight out of the box.

While I'm posting I would definately recommend anyone with this set up to make the registry amendment refered to in the TomTom forum (a stickey near the top) it makes the bluetooth connection much slicker, thanks to Lutz Bendlin for that.

Peter
ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again can't fault them.Ordered my Ipaq 2210 & TT2 blue tooth on Sun posted on Mon recieved on Tue I am non UK mainland so consider this to be an excellent service, Royal mail probably deserve some praise to.

Any one know where i can get a complete talk through about changing the registry as I am a complete newcomer to PDA's, it is most annoying when playing with TT2 and it keeps looking for a blue tooth device.
Ian_W
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I was just unlucky, going on previous messages.

However, perhaps I was just unlucky to pay for next day delivery, and for the software not to be included, or for no instructions to be included with the product.

I then noticed that any problems outside the 28 days has to be dealt with by the manufactorer - so much for my contract with the company. Sad

As it is my IPAQ5550 keeps locking up - and needs a reset 2 or 3 times a day. So I guess it is back to HP - as this company wishes to pass the buck Sad

Having spent almost £800 I expected a little better.

Sorry to spoil the list of glowing reports.
simon pitts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your iPAQ 5550 keep locking up on you. Unfortunately HP request that any problems with their equipment outside the 28 day period is directed direct to them. However, if you drop me an email with your contact number and details I'll give you a call an see if I can help.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Simon Pitts
Director
Spotlight Guides Ltd

simon.pitts@spotlightguides.co.uk
ahmurray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholeheartedly recommend clobalpositioningsystems.co.uk.

I had a problem with the order I received, not quite what I had asked for, but sorted very promptly and a gesture of goodwill made to offset the inconvenience.

Can't ask for more than that.

Ali
r6man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread's getting long enough but i thought i'd add my two penn'orth anyway.

Ordered a Haicom gps from them a couple of days ago, order confirmed by mail within 30 mins, despatch confirmed within 2 hours with Royal Mail reference and order tracking details. Very impressed.

The unit was on next day delivery guaranteed by 12 but arrived a day later. If anyone else is having a similar worry this was due to Royal Mail system problems at the moment affecting loads of people - hence long call times trying to phone GP Systems. When i checked with GPS they were very helpful and instantly offered to refund my postage.

10/10. Collect £200 & proceed directly to go. Highly recommended.
tezzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have to add my voice to this - I ordered Tomtom Navigator yesterday about 2pm from them on next day delivery. Today is Saturday, so I was expecting it to come through on Monday - indeed, that's what Royal Mail stated on their Track and Trace website.

Lo and behold, it turned up this morning - absolutely great when things just *work*.

Thanks very much to the people at the company - I'll use you again.

Terry
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to have a moan and a whine, but going on all the good feedback, I'll have another try in a day or two.

I spent all afternoon today trying to phone them with no answer (I spent the morning trying desperately to get PDAmods to deliver to my works address, with no joy. I ended up having to cancel the order). I tried the live help facility, but no answer on that, then left a message on the live help system, and no reply from that yet either.

My experience with GPS companies thus far is that it is incredibly hard to actually get anyone to take my money and deliver the goods to my work address.

Like I said though, I'll give them another go in a couple of days.
simon pitts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forgive us for the difficulties you have had in trying to contact us today. We have recently expanded into adjoining premises and late last week, the alarm company (in fitting an extended system) cut through a number of our internal phone lines. Unbelievably, it has taken until late this afternoon for our telecoms company to repair all the damaged cabling.
A happy bunny, I am not. Especially when I read you want to give us some money.

If you would care to contact me, I will be happy to deal with your order personally.

Simon Pitts
Director

simon.pitts@spotlightguides.co.uk

Spotlight Guides Ltd
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Simon.

Even in the face of adversity you still provided the service. I look forward to receive the goodies tomorrow.

It would appear that you were indeed happy to take my money (although you took less of my money than your competitor, who didn't want my money) if my goodies arrive tomorrow as promised then you deserve every penny.

Cheers

T.
Boydie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another happy customer here.

I shopped around for a 2210+Navman 4400 bundle and found the best price at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. I ordered it on the Friday just after new year on next business day service and it turned up on the Saturday morning.

Nice to have my expectations exceded by an on line retailer for a change.

The only problem was, I was still in my jim jams when the post man arrived. (Note to self, I must get out of bed by noon on a Saturday).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: