Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Packard Bell GPS 400
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Packard Bell GPS 400
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarnivalClown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout adding them as POI's? Is that going to be any easier? The main reason I bought it was because it said you could add POI's but i cant figure out how!
hoppo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Packard Bell GPS400 & Speed cameras Reply with quote

Evening All,
I have put all the Destinator 3 pocketgps files into favorites, ticked alerts and made sure the wav file (141) is in 'voice' but still no joy. I can use categories/items which shows where a camera is but I don't get an alert on a programmed route. Any suggestions anyone?
richy773
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

me to had my tom tom stollen in northampton on monday and got a packard bell 400 and yes u can use the speed cameras.
just down load as normal then open up the file and open the csv files and save them in your documents then open the destinator apps and copy the files over.
once they are in your favorats then point yo the left of the screen and open the eye

their they should be on the map :D
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungstenc wrote:
The camera files have to be in a favourites folder called 'Auto Alert 1' or 'Auto Alert 2' Edit these folder settings and tick the alert boxes to have warning flash on screen. Some of the other forums mention about editing voice files to give better warnings but I still can't figure out how to do this.

No they don't not with ND they just go in the Favorites Folder

The Auto Alert 1 & 2 was for destinator 3 it was changed in ND but they forgot to update the Instructions
Tungstenc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the gatso cameras in Auto Alert 1 along with Auto Alert 1 bitmap and Redlight, mobile and temp cameras in Auto Alert 2 along with Auto Alert 2 bitmap. Doing it this way takes a little longer to setup but I get two different images depending on camera type. I am using Destinator ND and it all works fine.
thumper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have one of these packard bells can anyone tell me where i can update it?register it? and how and where to down load the speed cameras many thanks but i am not very good with computers the kids are a wizz on it Laughing Out Loud..
mkt23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Tell me about Packard Bell 400's please ! Reply with quote

Hi,
New to forum.
Thinking of getting Packard Bell 400.
I'd appreciate some comments from you current users !

Is it better than TOM TOM ONE or Navman 520 ?
These are the other options I'm considering.

mkt23
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tell me about Packard Bell 400's please ! Reply with quote

mkt23 wrote:
Hi,
New to forum.
Thinking of getting Packard Bell 400.
I'd appreciate some comments from you current users !

Is it better than TOM TOM ONE or Navman 520 ?
These are the other options I'm considering.

mkt23

Probably not the right forum for this post. Suggest you post on the "best" forum with a bit more info on and how and what you want use the system for.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
orbsearcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I'm a bit slow where this sort of thing is concerned, any chance someone can explain how to load the speed camers files in Censored Confused I only just got my PB gps 400 and have got the files downloaded, now HOW do I get them onto the unit?? S L O W L Y please Laughing Out Loud
supracapri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have managed to download all the different camera types onto my GPS 400 and also the corresponding bmp and wav files. The pictures come up when I approach a camera site, but I still get the "favourites alert" voice notification and not the " warning, speed camera" from the wav file.
I have put it in the correct file and named it the same as all the other corresponding files as directed.
Any ideas?
thanks
supracapri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul80
Forum Rank:

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:31 am Post subject: Installing Speed Camera Files on Destinator ND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have finaly found out how to install the speed camera files on Destinator ND.

If anyone want to give it a go the instructions are printed below.

Have fun

A Guide to Installing Speed Cameras on Destinator ND

The following worked for me.

1. Download the Speed camera data base
2. Unzip All files
3. Copy all files from the csv files/destinator3 folder to a folder on your H/D

4. Listed below are the 5 Files you need

• pocketgps_uk_gatso.*
• pocketgps_uk_redlight.*
• pocketgps_uk_specs.*
• pocketgps_uk_mobile.*
• pocketgps_uk_temp.*

5. You will also need 2 BMP Files download them from http://homepage.ntlworld.com/moudym/DESTINATOR%20SPEED%20CAMERA%20PACKS/D3%20UK%20SPEED%20CAMERA/

6. Next you will need sound files 5 different ones or 5 copies of the same file, you can use the 141.wav file from the above site

7. Next you need to re-name the speed camera files, an example is listed below

• Gatso_Camera_Ahead.csv
• Redlight_Camera_Ahead.csv
• Specs_Camera_Ahead.csv
• Mobile_Camera_Ahead.csv
• Temp_Camera_Ahead.csv

8. Next one of the BMP Files is of a Redlight Camera re-name that to

• Redlight_Camera_Ahead.bmp

9. Next make four copies of the oter BMP File and re name them

to

• Gatso_Camera_Ahead.BMP
• Specs_Camera_Ahead.BMP
• Mobile_Camera_Ahead.BMP
• Temp_Camera_Ahead.BMP

10. Next take your sound files and re-name them as follows . Note it is better if you use 5 different sounds or spoken commans

• Gatso_Camera_Ahead.WAV
• Redlight_Camera_Ahead.WAV
• Specs_Camera_Ahead.WAV
• Mobile_Camera_Ahead.WAV
• Temp_Camera_Ahead.WAV

11. Now all you have to do is install all the copied and re-named files. Start ActiveSync Then use explorer to copy the BMP files to the

\Destinatorapps\Destinator\Common\Favorites Folder on your device, The copy the WAV Files into

\Destinatorapps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Voice\All Folder on your device.

Finally use Destinator Console to covert and install 5 Speed Camera CSV files onto your device.

12. Now all you will need to do is start navigator then go to Favorites select each of the 5 speed camera categories and enable each one by clicking the eye on. After this goto Tools Settings and set your warnings 600 first 100 second is a good starting point.

13. And that’s it all done. Now what will happen as you approach a speed camera the data base will not only play the appropriate sound but will also display the appropriate warning in the middle of the device screen? Instead of the usual Favorite Alert that it does by default

Hope the above has been of some help.

One last thing before you ask NO you cannot have different distance set for different categories that is now one of the few limitations with Destinator ND and the Limited PostCode support is the other.
DanMumford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I download the speed camera database?

Thanks, Dan!
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this site. But first you have to subscribe - £2 per month or £19 per year. Hit "subscribe now" on the left of this (and every) screen
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Pjsmiffy1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: POIs Reply with quote

I want to add a few POIs to my Packard Bell 400. The site offers me eather Tom Tom or Garmin files wich is the right one?
Pjsmiffy1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Packard Bell POI probs Reply with quote

Hi I had a Packard bell 400 running v5.5.0.85 of destinator for Christmas. I have been trying to install POI from this site but hit a brick wall with them.

The files have down loaded ok and the support software will convert them and put them on the unit. When I open the My Favorites icon on my unit I get the names are there but the individual POIs are names the latitude value and the longitude is the comments. I cant seem to get excel to monkey around with the order of the info and for the data to be read as csv (prob because it is v9 circa 2000)

Can any one make any suggestions. Please keep it simple I lost my knack with behind the windows alterations when win 3.11 left us.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: