Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RGM-2000 Medion 40600 Aldi Bundle
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RGM-2000 Medion 40600 Aldi Bundle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord_Khildesum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: RGM-2000 Medion 40600 Aldi Bundle Reply with quote

Quite stupid of me really.
Bought this one on Ebay, simply enough Sapphire is not detected by any of programs. Cant return it, cos I tried to repair it myself, and the devices are not in state you can call "untouched" ;).
Could anybody tell me what can be wrong?
Details:
-The lighter power supply works fine, PDA is charging, and GPS mouse warms up after a while (does it mean it's working, or that there is a shor-circuit?)
- Active Sync works perferct, no problems in connection with PC.
-Tried Medion Navigator, TT5 and some Royaltek GPS tools, i think all possible ports and combinations. Simply not even one sign that the GPS signal is received by PDA
- Checked the cables and plugs, seem to be all right.

For all RGM-2000 users - did the device shown up only after this 2.5h initialization on the first use,as they say in manual, or straight after pluging in?
I wouldn't consider myself a noobie...

thanks!

Annoyed&Frustrated
Khil
fluff34567
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

download winfast navigator, that should tell you is the gps dongle is working or not.

mine doesnt work with TT5 but works fine with TT3!
Kol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure which one the 40600 is but I have used the Royaltek 2000 with two of the early Medion offerings without any problems, getting a fix very quickly. In fact the Royaltek is one of the best receivers I have used, certainly faster than even the SirfStar III in my current Loox N520. Also used it with Mio168 without a hitch. Make sure set to COM1 Baud 4800 and should be it. If it still doesn't work maybe it's faulty. Hope that helps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: