Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - QTEK 9100 & MOBILE 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

QTEK 9100 & MOBILE 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: QTEK 9100 & MOBILE 5 Reply with quote

Hi I have been using TomTom mobile on my Smartphone (SPV C500) for the last year and recently bought the upgrade for TomTom Mobile 5 in anticipation of loading onto a SPV C600. However before I upgrade to the new smartphone i want to know if there is any way that I could install my version of TomTom Mobile 5 onto the newer Qtek 9100 (K-jam etc) phone. I think this phone uses Windows Mobile 5 FOR Pocket PCs rather than Windows Mobile 5 for SMARTPHONE. TomTom says that its NAVIGATOR software is compatible with the Qtek 9100 but that would mean a whole new purchase (they told me that already!). Is Windows Mobile 5 for SMARTPHONES so different from Windows Mobile 5 for Pocket PC that the software is incompatible?

All help much appreciated
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: QTEK 9100 & MOBILE 5 Reply with quote

BB wrote:
Is Windows Mobile 5 for SMARTPHONES so different from Windows Mobile 5 for Pocket PC that the software is incompatible?

All help much appreciated

Yes it is, its all about the input method. TTM (smartphone) is keypad and softkey, TTN (Pocket PC) is primarily touch screen. As the Kjam does not readily have access to the keys you will need to use TTN v5.2.
I could be wrong and perhaps someone may help, but I thought I read here some weeks ago that the TTN5.2 update was free and would install over TTMobile5.0. I could be totally way off so please search first.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: