Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom locks up using Fortuna Gpsmart on Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom locks up using Fortuna Gpsmart on Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostnfound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Tomtom locks up using Fortuna Gpsmart on Bluetooth Reply with quote

I am using TT2 with a 2210 and the Fortuna Gpsmart connecting using Bluetooth. It locks up lots - a 200 mile journey gave about 15 lockups which is not much use. When it locks, it just shows the navigator screen but with just a speed at the bottom and no other info. If I 'close all tasks' and restart Tomtom, it comes back in the correct location. TT doesn't seem locked itself as when it freezes I can switch screens and control non-navigator stuff. It looks like the gps bit has got stuck as if I stop and switch over to the gps status screen it shows the gps speed I was doing when it froze. Anyone have any ideas of what I can try to fix this as it isn't any use like this. (using gps driver 2.08 )
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem today with a Loox, TTN 2.42/ 2.08 and an EMTAC bluetooth. It 'locked' on a number of occassions basically the GPS status screen wasn't updating nor was the map. I could select teh TTN menu screen and go back and forth between different selections including teh navigator screen. Exiting and re-entering TTN unlocked it and it continued, a bit annoying ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say locked, I'm presuming you're saying that it's not locking up the Pocket PC if you can close tasks, but nothing is being updated on the TomTom screens ? Can you still go in and out of screens ? If so, when it goes like this, go into the GPS Status screen and then and see if the dots are moving across the screen from left to right like they would do to signify data being received.

If they're not, goto the setup screen and untick the driver, then re-tick it and see if this brings it back to life.
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it again today, this time no dots moving across the screen and restarting TomTom didn't make any difference. Hadn't read this thread by then so I didn't untick/tick the GPs.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange, it might be an idea to try and re-pair the Emtac and see if this cures the problem.

I am aware of BT problems under WM2003 where the processor is under heavy load, the BT stack bottles out and you lose the connection to the BT GPS, unticking/reticking resolves it temporarily but it will happen again, sometimes a soft reset cures this.
lostnfound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fixed the original problem by doing a hard reset and reloading everything again from scratch. Don't know why it's any different but it's fixed it and no more lockups.
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recovered from a previous backup to resolve.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: