Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Gnav 10 Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Gnav 10 Alerts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Gnav 10 Alerts Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a GNAV10 running destinator op

I am having difficulties with the favourites alerts configuration. I want to save some POIs in favourites without an alert on but I also want to keep the alert settings on for speed cameras. Only problem is that whenever I change the settings in one catergory it affects them all. I read a post that Ron21 was having the same problems but there seemed to be no solution. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

An alternative would be if I could add POI's into the POI menu instead of the favourites. To be honest this would be better. I want to add things such as pub resturants. chain stores etc. If I have them in favourites it just lists them all in no particular order. If I had them in the POI menu it would seach for the closest (this is what I preferbably want).

Thanks to anyone who can help
Smile
mikester123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have exactly the same sat nav and the same problem, been ripping my hair out trying to find a fix but to no luck. At first i thought i was going crazy thinking i must have been mis reading the manual, but i have re-read over and over and it clearly states and shows images of configuring auto alerts on single points of interest!

I have to admit im not too chuffed with the goodmans web site or the their tech support, please if you can find any more info pm me.

Ah also, do u know much about the external antennas? the connection type at the back or what antennas work with this unit?

Cheers Mike.
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I know exactly what you mean with the manual, I'm sure some guy just made up that section on auto alerts.

I quite like the unit itself and the software is not bad, just a few niggling bugs. Really would like to find out how to import to that POI menu. I am very disapointed with the goodmans and destinator website for support upgrades and patches. There just doesn't seem to be much info on the unit itself. Some of the destinator threads are good help but most people run on a pda so it is not always the same fix.

Sorry, I can't help you out on the external antenna as I have not had the need to use one. Do you have problems picking up a signal?

I also wanted to change the voices on the navigation and have had to do alot of messing about to make the tomtom voice packs compatable. Not quite there yet but should be able to use any voice pack soon by just swapping the voice interface folder. It seems everything is orientated around tomtom, it might have been easier to buy one of those but I did not like the exterior design.

Anyway, I will let you know if I manage to fix the problem and can I ask if you could also PM me if you also find anything on any of the problems.

Cheers mate,

Pete
mikester123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Yes it would be better to add to POI rather than favourites tottaly agree. I never had the choice as my gnav was a xmas present so i suppose i have to stick with what ive got for now. Let me know how you get on with the voice files actually cos id quite like to have a play with them!

Will keep you updated if i hear or manage to solve anything!

Take care, Mike.
mikester123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh about the antenna, it sometimes takes a while to pick up signal and can lose signal for a couple of seconds sometimes which leads to it refindind itself but in a different location!

I havent travelled into central london with it yet but would expect it to struggle quite abit the high surroundings.

I must say problems aside its not a bad piece of kit, the good points definately out weigh the bad!
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does take a while sometimes to pick up a signal but once its got it, it has rarley dropped it unless it has been switched off for a while, in which case it takes about a minute to find itself again.

Don't really travel to London much as live in North West but drive through Manchester City centre with no problems.

I will pm you when I sort the voice files out. Smile

Pete
phil305
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peep's just come across this forum (Good reading)

I have been reading about Ron21 post downloading the speed cam info
onto the GNAV10 followed it to the letter all is fine.

I have been reading on the forum about putting it in the POI rather than favourites i carn't seem to find out how to do this if any one can help

many thanx

Also i have read about changing the voice on the system (the one that came with it sound's like the Mrs carn't have that Laughing at work all day :D )
so any help on that would be a blessing 8O .

cheer's m8's
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil305 wrote:
Hi peep's just come across this forum (Good reading)

I have been reading about Ron21 post downloading the speed cam info
onto the GNAV10 followed it to the letter all is fine.

I have been reading on the forum about putting it in the POI rather than favourites i carn't seem to find out how to do this if any one can help

many thanx

Also i have read about changing the voice on the system (the one that came with it sound's like the Mrs carn't have that Laughing at work all day :D )
so any help on that would be a blessing 8O .

cheer's m8's

Hi mate,

Still haven't found a way to import directly into the POI menu instead of favorites. Not sure it can be done. It would not be too bad if there weren't the bugs with the favorites alert settings. I have emailed destinator about these probs in the hope they might have a patch but have not heard back.

What probs are you having with changing the voices. Have you read my post "tomtom voice packs on destinator"?
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got word back fro Destinator about these alert probs and lack of support for Destinator OP and this is the reply:

thank you for your email.
You have a question regarding your Destinator Software.

The feature you request are not available for the moment. Our engineers are
working on it, but we do not know when the version will be available.

Our homepage www.destinatoreurope.com is being redesigned now. You will
there find more information about all of this in the near future.

Should you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us
again.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Destinator Service Center
i. A. Aline Havard
Combase AG Customer Service Center
Telefon / phone: +49 180 5 123 012

Waste of time.

Prob be next year before they do what they say.

If they have a product at least it could be mentioned on their site so we know where to look for the updates and info etc.....

Oh well, I don't really suppose I expected much from them. Atleast they replied.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
mikester123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got the same email word for word. ridiculous really when you think about it but hey, what can u do?

Sad
Leeo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: GNAV10 Antenna Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5857454255&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

This antenna works great, i was having trouble getting a signal, boutght this (the delivery was superb, next day) and now i can pick up 6 satellites now after only ever being able to pick up 3. This unit only costs £10 aswell at a buy it now price, go take a look.

Leeo.
Sneaky39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

This forum is fab, good work ppl

Would like to say thanks to leeo for the ebay link, i have had big problems with signal, but thanks to you have now purchased one of these ariels, hope it works ok!

thanks seb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: