Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Favorite" Folder Getting Erased in CoPilot 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Favorite" Folder Getting Erased in CoPilot 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darneld15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: "Favorite" Folder Getting Erased in CoPilot 6 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced this: The "Favorite" address folder in CoPilot 6 gets erased every now and then. It's happened with three different 1G SD cards, a PNY, a Lexar and a Sandisk. After a few trips, over a few hours time, all the addresses I have written and stored in the "Favorite" folder on the SD card disappear. It's really frustrating having to rewrite addresses over and over. This never happened with Copilot 5, which I had used for almost a year before I switched to CP 6. I tried contacting ALK Support; they totally ignored me. I'll probably have to switch to TomTom or something else, soon.. Please help!
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that there is a "Favorite" folder - I can't see one on my storage card. As far as I know favourites are stored in the "Save" folder in favourites.lst which you can open and see what's in there.

If the card was write-protected all the time I think this might give these symptoms (others on this forum will know much more than me) as it wouldn't be able to save the .lst file - but as you've presumably used these cards before with CP5 I assume it's not that. Does it create GPS track files Ok in the MyDocuments\gpstracks folder? There should be one for each date you use it.

I'm surprised you say ALK have ignored you - I had a helpful response to a query from them this week via Email.
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me a couple of times. Not sure that it has something to do the PDA (Acer n35) I am using? Question Question Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: "Favorite" Folder Getting Erased in CoPilot 6 Reply with quote

darneld15 wrote:
: The "Favorite" address folder in CoPilot 6 gets erased every now and then. It's happened with three different 1G SD cards, .....

This is a common problem and has been thoroughly discussed on adjacent threads. Browse a bit and if you still have no luck come back and tell us your exact version, UK/USA, PDA, etc.

Good luck.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: