Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps for Spain
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps for Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Maps for Spain Reply with quote

Does anybody have a copy of the Spain and Portugal map that works with Navigon's Navigator 4.4 on a Medion PNA175 that they don't need anymore. If so, I would be interested in buying it from you at a reasonable price. I'm off to Spain fo a holiday shortly and think that £69.99 is too much to spend on a map that will only be used in a hire car for one week.

Alternatively, is there anyone else who would want to buy it from me afterwards if I get a new copy?

I'm NOT talking about buying one copy and then sharing it - that's piracy.

Mike
Aladdin_Sane
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're looking for a gps map, but don't overlook a paper one. I e-mailed the Spanish tourist board in London(?) telling them I was going camping in Spain. They sent me a great paper map (free!!) showing all the campsites in spain which I would think would be useful to be used alongside your gps.
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aladdin, I never rule out paper. Unfortunately, I've got to do a Saturday evening drive from airport to rented villa. Malaga to Nerja is easy - its finding the address in Nerja before being able to get a town street map that's going to be the first problem.

Also, my wife's not a great map reader (understatement).The top of the map (north) is always straight ahead so far as she's concerned. And if she's got her hand in front of my face in the car I know she means turn right even when she say left. If I have a clear view that means turn left!
Aladdin_Sane
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the address there? Or the name of the road? I'll see if I can find it on either Microsoft Autoroute or my Garmin software. I'll then take a screenshot of the map and put it on Photobucket with a link for you. Or I could e-mail it to you.

Or click the link

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strLocation=Nerja&strCountry=eur&google=1
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that could be a great help.

I haven't got the exact address yet because they don't let you have that until you've paid the final balance of the holiday cost - why do we accept this where holidays are concerned, its like buying a new bike based on the makers promo and not being allowed to see one until after you've paid for it.

As soon as I have I'll put it up here and send you a private message so you know.

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: