Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3 & TTN5 - coexist on iPAQ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3 & TTN5 - coexist on iPAQ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: TTN3 & TTN5 - coexist on iPAQ? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I think I might have asked this question before - sorry...I don't recall seeing a reply... Embarassed

Is it possible to install both TTN3 and TTN5 on the same iPAQ? Confused

I have a 2210 with TTN3 & UK maps installed and have just purchased the US map package from Expansys that includes the TTN5 program itself.

I also have the TTN5 upgrade package.

Can I just accept the installation defaults on both versions and choose which one to run or is there some 'black magic' to enable them both to co-exist on the same iPAQ?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
JNeail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glyn

Yes this is entirly possible, I have both versions sucessfully setup on my iPaq HX2410. I've TTN3 installed in it's default location, and TTN5 on my CF Card. TTN3 & TTN5 maps in separate directories on my SD Card.

I had to remove TTN3 first as it insists on removing it in favour of TTN5, so remove TTN3, install TTN5 (on to a SD or CF card - not default location) then install TTN3 in default locations - Sorted!

Have fun

Regards

Jaime

PS- if your like me you'll end up still running TTN3 and TTN5 is still way too buggy for acceptable use! Evil or Very Mad
Integrated Volvo Phone (Crap - Echoes), Motorola V525, SPV E200, Nokia 6310i
>>They call me Gaget Boy!<<
cairngorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Activation codes (will there be a problem) Reply with quote

Just about to attempt putting 3&5 together on my pda. I bought the upgrade for 5 but had to re-install 3 as I did not have enough memory for the French map on a recent trip. Put 5 back on, and now have purchased a 1GB card to cope with what I want. I seem to remember people having problems with activation codes switching between 3 and 5 and cannot find the relevant post again. I think that installing 3&5 on the same pda is ok but a problem if on a different pda. I shall wait for expert opion before I proceed.
Best Regards Cairngorm
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find that putting the upgrade version of TT5 will wipe the original version of 3. I think the licence for 3 ends when you upgrade and your number for it is no longer valid. I think if you want to run them both together, whether on one or two PDAs, you need to buy a full (rather than upgrade) version of TT5.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use Sprite back-up software, you can load TT3, do a back-up, then hard reset or load TT5 on top, save that as a different file and then use whichever one you want by loading the appropriate back-up file. A bit servere I know but it works.

Steve
cairngorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify the last post. Are both versions on the pda and you select the relevant file or are you loading each file separately from the computer.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Sprite back-up, you only load one at a time, not side by side.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: