Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penfold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
Sorry to have taken so long to pick up this thread. I have just get a response from TomTom regarding the issues:

TomTom wrote:
We believe that the problems described in this thread are caused by an issue with the older version of the Nokia firmware (related to Bluetooth connectivity). We have tested and approved the N70 with firmware version 3.0546.2.3 – for these customers upgrading to this firmware should resolve all issues. Users can have their firmware updated for free at Nokia service points.

shame, this is the firmware I have and I still get the same problems, I will try it out without POI's as others have mentioned and post back results, so far I have tested v5 and v5.2 both having the same problems.
LetsTalk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought i let you know, i am on my third N70 and have been running TomTom for about 1 week now without any problems and still running the same firmware (v 2.0537.1.7). All i am running on TomTom is the voice command (Jane) with no POI and TomTom has not froze on me once (touch wood). My Journey are over an hour each way within London. I am still thinking of upgrading my firmware to see what the difference is. The only problems i am having with the N70 is that i cannot make or recieve calls for long maybe for about 5mins. This only happens when using TomTom. Has anyone else experienced this????.
I am gonna install the camera POI on TomTom and will infom you of my findings!!!
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...where do I go from here?

Got my N70 (v 2.0537.1.7), and TTM5 v5.00, but can't even see the application, let alone run it!! I can browse the Memory card, but it no longer appears on the Menu (as my old 6600, and a friends 6630).
The N70 is on T-Mobile UK if it makes any difference...

Help needed as my time to send it back is rapidly running out and get a 6630 instead..on which it works.
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the N70 it should appear in the "My Own" folder within the main Menu.
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh...there it is Embarassed

Now to see if it works with 5.0 or need the v5.2 upgrade (as it seems I do from what i've been reading here).

Cheers!
reserves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful everyone, I took my N70 to my local Nokia service center to have the firmware upgraded and they killed it!!

It's got to go back to Nokia Sad
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reserves wrote:
I took my N70 to my local Nokia service center to have the firmware upgraded and they killed it!!
An unfortunate risk of any firmware update. This is why some computers with a user upgradable flash bios also have a 2nd backup bios.
docrob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Voice recognition problems Reply with quote

hi,

i have followed this thread for while now. i have same sort of problems. i have latest v3 firmware. and as well as GPS drops and phone occasionally rebooting (sometime when receviing call) it also has problem when using speech recognition on the N70 (which i haven't seen posted before).
if you have TTM application running and you navigate to the main telephone menu then hold down the right selection key (which activates speech recognition), it should make sound and then you will see progress bar with "speak now". BUT with TTM running, if you try and activate speech recognition the phone is very slow to respond with both the tone and "speak time" progress bar. Well it does for me anyway. i originally noticed this problem using my BT headset and activating speech recognition via BT, but you don't even need the BT headset attached - just activating the speech recognition via the phone causes problems.
As soon as you exit TTM the phone springs to life and speech recognition commands appear on screen.

i'd be interested if anyone else has this specific problem. TT are currently investigating it for me. i'd be greatful for any test results back which i can pass to TT.

rob Confused
scubadiver69uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have been following this thread,and others on another forum,and i have come to this conclusion Arrow Arrow Arrow

THROW YOUR N70'S AWAY AND ASK FOR A 6680 Laughing

I use a 6680 and a 7610,both have tomtom mobile v5.2 on them,both with over 30 voices and all the POI's,also i have most of the European Maps on the memory cards,(1gig in both) and guess what Question Question
NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER Laughing :P Laughing

I am not trying to rub peoples noses in it ,just stating a fact that not everything works on the most up-todate.......as some1 once said...."IF IT AINT BROKEN,DONT CHANGE IT"
scottiexxx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

i've also been following this thread for sometime now and i am runninf nokia n70 with ttm v5.2 with bt77 gps.

i have had all the problems that everyone has had, i'm a delivery driver for a living and i rely soley on my ttm, i do roughly 10 to 15 drops a day and jumping in and out of the van with my phone meaning that i have to exit tt whilst in a house i was finding that when i came back to the van & reloading tt the software would lock and i would need to reboot the phone every time which was becoming hugely frustrating.
i thought i'd tried every combination etc of removing voices removing poi's, deleting all my paired devices and so on and nothing seemed to work and now i've finally cracked it and thought i would share it with u all. :P
wat i've found that has worked faultless for me all week with no reboots at all is to to switch the gps on first then open tt on ur phone (& i've now got it set back to auto connection with the phone) then the most important part is wen u need to leave ur vehicle is to turn off the gps FIRST then exit tt and u'll find that the gps will remember it's lat longs for the next time u turn it back on & it'll pop straight back up no probs at all. i also have lots of incoming calls all day long with tt running and the phone has never freezed on me, its now a pleasure to use it's just gettin used to switchin the gps off before the tt

hope this helps u all

regards

scottiexxx
reserves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this working with my Nokia 6680 (BT 77), I would love to get the speed camera's added, I've seen posts about downloading them on this site but can't find them? Can someone post me a link or email them shinecello@hotmail.com thanks!
docrob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got TTM 5.202 off TT and will test this week.
it still seems to have the problem with voice recognition though, but maybe GPS stuff will work!

does anyone else have problems using voice recognition when running TTM??? it would be nice to hear this is not a unique problem to me.
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get 5.0 working fine on the N70...as long as it was in Offline mode. Switched the phone back Online, and lo behold..2 minutes later it crashed!

Trying this one thing at a time, so got my 5.2 update and going to try that later and see if its any better. I'm loathed to turn off the POIs (cameras especially) as thats half the reason I bought TT in the first place.

Sounds like too many things happening at once on the phone..i.e. using it as a phone!

Last resort will be a v3.0xxx firmware upgrade by the looks of it..and hope..or send it back (will a firmware upgrade invalidate the warranty?) and go back to my 6630 which works fine..
Conor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A firmware upgrade won't invalidate the warranty as long as it is carried out by an authorised Nokia Service Centre from the list on Club Nokias website.
mason_jon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: N70 tomtom problems Reply with quote

Hi all,

been wathcing these threads for ages and i would like to share my findings with you...

After going throught the mill i amd now in a position that i have the following configs:

N70 FW: V 3.0546.2.3 18-11-05 RM-84
TOMTOM 5.2
BT-338 ( globalsat bluetooth adapter ) FW3.1.1

Phone and GPS paired, as when not paired sometimes it asks and sometimes it dosent.. so i paired it anyway contrary to what some people belive.

i go the latest fw from a nokia service center, i formated the MCC and re installed the app..

tested on a good long journey, say hour or so in each direction along normal routes that have been problematic over three days and NO problem...

reinstalled the Camera POI's (along with various other ones, tescos, bp garages etc etc, and did the same tests )

nearing home i was happy that the above configs worked.. Sadly the GPS device dropped... oddly enough as a camera was coming into view on the map... the device then was found again without any reboot or hard resets, which is good consifering the previous fiasco's on older versions of FW and App.. but then again another camera cam into view on the map and the device dropped , and then cam back..... starting to think that the cameras have a role to play in this.

Ill do some more test without the POIS and let you all know how it goes.

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 6 of 25

Jump to: