Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

Quote: Does anyone happen to know if the 'narrow' Gatso red light cameras are always red light only - or if Gatso produce any red light and speed combined units?

I have read that they are speed as well as red light on one of the speedtrap websites, but I think this is only a rumour put around to scare people. In the same way as speed cameras will also flash at vehicles driving towards them, I don't think they actually take photos in this situation.

I have seen many people pass through gatso patrolled intersections on a green light at well over the speed limit and they have not been flashed. Of course, I have never done this myself, oh no.

That said, several years ago I saw a traffic light gatso flash twice at a car which sped through at well over 50 MPH in a 30 limit (intersection of the A3203/A302 TQ 31456 79308). The traffic light was green at the time.

Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

Well done to Dave, Darren, and everybody else who have contributed to the latest version of the Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database. I've just downloaded it.

How many cameras do you currently have listed?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Over 2700 cameras.
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

I have noticed that quite a lot of cameras actually have 2 BMP on the location - does that mean where a camera exists there maybe 2 GPS locations (i.e. 1 camera but 2 POIs)??
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Correct, we try to wean a lot of these out of the database, but sometimes they creep in. We've been experiencing difficulties with duplicates recently hence why the database release was delayed. Let us know where these are and I'll get Duncan to check and remove the wrong duplicate entries.
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

OK no problems I will note them down and send them in.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 29 August 2003

Correct, we try to wean a lot of these out of the database, but sometimes they creep in. We've been experiencing difficulties with duplicates recently hence why the database release was delayed. Let us know where these are and I'll get Duncan to check and remove the wrong duplicate entries.

Dave,

I have sent Duncan a list of duplicates, using a radius of 20 metres, as a PushPin file that you can import into AutoRoute. This should make it easier for you to decide which ones to keep. The duplicates were found by running POIManager on your latest database. As you will see there are quite a few in Blackpool. At the moment we cannot understand how the duplicates are getting through when you prepare the data.

Richard
stu3284
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Manually add cameras. Reply with quote

I have noticed looking around my area that alot of the cameras are not listed. Would it be alright to manually add them and then mail you the ov2 file or would you like pinpoint accuracy. Also, do red light cameras count.

Stu
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: How to add a Camera...? Reply with quote

Hi,

I know this must have been covered somewhere, but will ask and either Dave or some kind person can post the correct link.

Can someone explain (to an idiot 8O ) how to add / remove a Gatso, reading the above I need to E-mail an ov2 file but which ov2 file & where will it be located on my PDA (default) I use TTN2 and CheckPOInt 2.0

I've added cameras to my PDA, but not sure how to advise this site so there database can be updated.

Thanks Thumbs Up

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailing us the OV2 file will be fine. If you dock your PPC and in ActiveSync click Explore, goto your storage card directory, and in there you should see a directory beginning with Great Britain. In this directory you'll find the PocketGPS_SC_UK.ov2 file, copy this off to your PC and mail it to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chorlie,

If you have recorded positions of cameras using CheckPOInt then the positions will be stored in the file CheckPOInt.ov2 in the folder containing the map that you were using when driving. It is this file that you need to send to PocketGPS. The new cameras will not be in the PocketGPS_SC_UK.ov2 file unless you have edited it to put them there.

Richard
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Confused :( Reply with quote

Guys,

Congrats for a great job well done to all Smile

Managed to successfully install the speed Camera POI, however i'm confused. I notice that the latest additions in this thread seem to have been around Mid september, yet the database shows a date of 28/8/2003.

What _is_ the latest atest version of the database, and where is it located?!?!

Thanks

Paul
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

Quote: Does anyone happen to know if the 'narrow' Gatso red light cameras are always red light only - or if Gatso produce any red light and speed combined units?

OK, I have confirmation from the police information about speed cameras. The Gatso type red light cameras DO measure your speed but it "does not produce an accurate measurement for enforcement purposes". It is only to stop the cameras taking photos who get caught in the middle of the intersection in slow moving traffic.

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/acpo4.htm

In other news, has anyone noticed that the Gatso in the Rotherhithe tunnel North side (TQ 35974 80911) has been removed but there have been a lot of white lines painted on the road. Suspiciously like the ones used for the digital cameras in the Limehouse Tunnel.

Stop it!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pocket GPS Safety Camera Database has been updated. Duncan has added a lot of new cameras, old and duplicate cameras have been removed and a load of European cameras added to the database.

Download the latest edition of the database or download from the Pocket GPS POI-Sync Service.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave and Duncan,

I've just downloaded the latest version of POCKETGPS_UK_SC.ov2, which I'll try out on the way home tonight. I've just checked the POI and it works well (at my desk), but it has some cameras in my area that don't exist anymore. That's my fault, as I should have notified you earlier Embarassed so I will shortly send you their details for your next version of the POI.

I see from the web page that you've started to include cameras on mainland Europe. Does POCKETGPS_UK_SC.ov2 just contain known UK speed cameras and will you be creating new POCKETGPS_??_SC.ov2 POIs for each country?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: