Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint 2.0.2 - wav files not triggered
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint 2.0.2 - wav files not triggered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint 2.0.2 - wav files not triggered Reply with quote

I’ve tried everything to get sound warnings for POI’s in Checkpoint 2.0.2 but apart from a few minutes of success in demo mode a couple of days ago – reasons for the success unknown as I hadn’t changed anything - it remains obstinately silent after a week of investigating and double checking my settings and changing wav files.

It’s visually detecting POI’s with the range bar on the right side of the screen but the wav file doesn’t get triggered.

Any ideas appreciated!

IPAQ 2210, TTN 2.24 and GPS 2.08, TTBT.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me also in that I lost the audio prompts in CheckPOInt. I've resolved it.

This is what I did:

In CheckPOInt 2.0.2, under General Settings, tick "automatically start TTNav when CheckPOInt is started", and the next one which is to stop CheckPOInt when TTNav is stopped.

Assign a hardware button to CheckPOInt - I've assigned button 3 which is normally used for Inbox.

Now I turn on checkPOInt and TTNav using this button, and since I did this the audio prompts work in CheckPOInt. This seems to suggest that you have to turn on CheckPOInt before TTNav.

Let me know if this does the trick.

Cheers
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TB, but sorry, no it didn't work! I already had the General Settings boxes ticked, but I assigned button 3 as you suggested and still no sound. I've also relocated the wav file from the SD Card to My Documents in case it was a SD card problem but to no avail.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mearns

Did you assign the button to CheckPOInt and not Tomtom?

Also, I've got my sound files under programs/checkpoint in main memory.

Works for me even in demo mode, under both navigator and map screens.
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, button 3 assigned to CheckPOInt. Trying to troubleshoot this problem, I uninstalled CheckPOInt using Add/Remove Programs, then manually deleted the now empty CheckPOInt folder, did a soft reset, and then reinstalled the program from my PC.

However when going back into Overlay Settings the sound file is still listed there, even though all traces of the program were removed……or were they? I had hoped to reset everything and start again but obviously there are some remnants somewhere and my knowledge doesn’t extend that far! The problem is still there. I'll try putting my sound files in the same place as yours, TB, and see what happens.
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No change doing that either!
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a silly question Mearns but is your volume slider all the way to the right in sound properties. My iPAQ 5450 sometimes automatically puts mine all the way to the left (no sound) on it's own. Something to do with the 3.5 jack being used I think. Just check anyway. Same goes for your hardware volume controls.

Secondly, why don't you try just installing CheckPOInt again. It doesn't matter if you have any files left over from the removal, just ask the software to overwrite all the files in the default folder.
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Russ - volume controls are set ok, and I've reinstalled Checkpoint twice now - still no change. Steeling myself up to do a hard reset and start from scratch again. Can't think of anything else to try. Crying or Very sad
Todbury
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Wav files Reply with quote

Hi there,

Have been similar problems and I not that my wav files were in the \my documents\checkpoi directory and when I add the limits in the General Settings option I do not here any voice. So I moved them to the Checkpoi directory under program directory and I here the voice. Hope this helps

cheers
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Todbury - thanks for the input. Over the past week I've tried several locations and unfortunately that's exactly where my wav files are at present and I still have the problem. I think I'll have to hard reset and reinstall but I haven't been able to get round to it yet. It's a busy life being retired! :D
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mearns, you say you're retired. Are you sure you're not just going deaf?

Only kiddin' mate! Laughing
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that Russ - my wife thinks that as well, but she thinks it's selective deafness - I just don't seem to hear words like "washing up" etc!! Smile . Nearly forty years of spending most days sitting a few feet from a couple of gas turbine engines has left me with less than perfect hearing, but not bad enough to miss these warnings!

I read somewhere in these forums that CheckPOInt didn't like the default 30 second warning time being changed. I did change it before I read that and I think that's the problem. I changed it again today to 35 seconds to see what would happen and now I've lost the visual warnings which had been working okay up until that point. Must do a backup and hard reset this weekend.
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having bought Sprite's Backup Plus I backed everything up to the PC, did a hard reset, tried to restore and......nothing. Reinstalled TTN2 and Checkpoint 2.0.2 and sound files and, at least in demo mode, the sound warnings now work. Can't see why it shouldn't work on the road tomorrow. Now all I have to do is try and get the restore to work................ Crying or Very sad
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've never tried backing up to the PC and restoring from the PC. I always backup to CF card. At the end of the day, the backup file will only be around 20mb, if you have a larger storage card, I find this is often the best, also written as a self extracting archive, so you then don't need to reinstall Pocket Backup prior ot a restore.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: