Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does anyone have Medion Navigator 5.1 Update in English?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have Medion Navigator 5.1 Update in English?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Does anyone have Medion Navigator 5.1 Update in English? Reply with quote

I have the 5.1 update, but only in German.

Does anyone have the English version? Could you email it to me?

Thanks!
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look HERE
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Have a look HERE

I may have jumped the gun there, as the link I gave you is for Navigon and not the Medion update, not sure if it will work or not.

If you try it do a FULL BACKUP FIRST to be on the safe side.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've got that one.

It doesn't work.

I've got a version of 5.1 from filesharing but it's only in German. I can't seem to find an English version anywhere.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arggghhhh!!! This is really annoying!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I've now found a version of Medion Navigator 5.1 in French, but still no English version. There must be a version available because the new PNA units in the UK ship with it!! Why is there a different version for each language? Why can't they just make one version with a langauge option like all other software?

If only some kind person with a new Medion PNA would email the installation file to me.......... the cab file and the autorun file should be no more than 10MB in total, it wouldn't be too hard.....
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... I've managed to convert my German version to English by copying over the English language files from my old version and manually editing the settings files to select language=1 (english) rather than language=2 (german).

Seems to work, except some of the dialogue boxes now have no text in them. Obviously the new language files are a little different to the old ones.

I'm not sure which is better......... some text missing but most of it in English, or all the text in German that I can only just read........

I suppose once I've used it awhile I won't need the text anyway so it doesn't really matter. Now to try and get the maps working......
Kol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Medion Navigator 5.1 in English, which came with my wife's Aldi Medion PNA250. I cannot load it on to any other PDA, incl. a Medion PNA 100, Ipaq 3710 and Mio 168. Even after hard reset. Some compatibility problem, or maybe Medion made it so that 5.1 would only load on to the original Medion it came with. I don't understand how some people manage to load the German version. I have hunted high and low for a solution, if someone knows of a solution please let us know, as there are many out there with the same problem. Medion is singularly unhelpful.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've installed the German version of 5.1A with the version 5 maps of the British Isles and it works fine. No problems at all - assuming you can read and speak German.

I just copied the autorun.exe file and the mnavdce.CAB onto the memory card, did a hard reset, and it installed the new version.

By hack to get it to work in English didn't work very well, and it only altered the text - it still spoke German. So no use at all really.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update.....

From the 5.1 update that PocketGps linked to, I've copied the file "0langENG.008" into the /medion directory on my PNA and renamed it to "langENG.dll". This is the main navigator text file in English.

From my 4.75 backup I copied the file "settingLangENG.dll". This "settings" text file in English.

I then edited both "NavLib.ini" and "settings.ini" and changed both to read "language=1". This tells the unit to use English.

Seems to get the text into English okay!

Now I just need a version 5 copy of the "english_sound.SFS" file in order to make it speak English again.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!!!

I've just downloaded this file.

It is the MobileNavigator 5.2 update for Windows Mobile 5.0. I don't need that version, but it comes with the correct english_sound.sfs file!

Simply copy "ENGLIS~1.051" into your \medion\sound directory and rename it to "english_sound.sfs". I also copied the TMC sound files over, but I shouldn't need those.

So now I have the 5.1 update in German, fully converted to English.

Sorted!!!
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have Medion Navigator 5.1 Update in English? Reply with quote

Hooloovoo wrote:
I have the 5.1 update, but only in German.

Does anyone have the English version? Could you email it to me?

Thanks!

Check your PM you may have 2 the same, if no message come back to me.
fokkerjockey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has the english version 5.1 please could you PM me.

The above sounds very technical, I have unfortunately bought the POI Warner software which only works with VER 5.1 I have VER 5.

I only bought the Medion PDA today, thought I had VER 5.1, but no!!!

Thanks in advance
Kol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all be very clear about Medion 5.1. I have done weeks of research on this (yes, very sad!).My conclusion is 5.1 comes pre-loaded on some Medion equipment only, not all, because 5.1 is not compatible with many PDA/PNAs, and Medion does not have a current solution. It is pointless buying/downloading 5.1 hoping it will load on to your current Medion or other PDA. I have tried it on 3 (Mio 168, Ipaq 3710 and Medion PNA100) without success. You can tweak the files all you like, no way will 5.1 work. Might work on PNA95900. Your solution if you want Poi-warner is to either downgrade to Medion 4.xx or buy Navigon 5 from the Navigon site for about 80 Euros. The latter is good, with some nice touches.
archy121
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Anyone have success with getting 5.1 to upgrade with Medion/Mitac Mio 168 ?

Will having a REATIL version of NAVIGON 5 installed allow the upgrade to 5.1 ?

Thanks

Archy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: