Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Fees - Details
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Fees - Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I hope the PGPS lawyers have read DTI's Distance Selling Regulations & E-Commerce which incorporate the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services. I'm no lawyer but these certainly seem to state that if some is selling goods or providing a service then they must attain certain standards which I doubt the current database does. I don't think getting around it by claiming they are providing a "membership" would really wash if the main intent of being a member was to be able to download the database.
jheward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of valid points being raised about the fairness (or lack of it) of the proposed system.

None of them have been commented on by the moderators. Are the views of users not important? Is this a done deal - if so, what happened to the discussion?

Afterall, you stated many times that the database was free and would ALWAYS remain free. I think people have a right to be upset when you are creating a two tier system.

At least you could give users a few more weeks to submit new cameras to get the free life subscription. This would in turn benefit the database and all its users. If the fee isn't supposed to start until February, why not allow submissions until the end of January??
blackrat62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have previously updated the database with the speed limit for a camera that was unknown and notified the removal of a couple on the M4 (roadworks ceased) - will this contribution qualify for free membership PLEASE?
gonor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are also a load on the m5 southband from the M4 junction that arent there anymore, and like wise a load on the M4 for the roadworks starting 090106 that should be there. Fed up off frenzied bonging for no good reason. anyone know off a decent radar detector to replace my snooper?
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonor wrote:
anyone know off a decent radar detector to replace my snooper?

Hi gonor,

My boyfriend uses a Bel Euro 550, which Steve Warren's UK Speedtrap Guide highly rates. For further information see here.

However, radar detectors may be banned at some point in the future.

Regards,

Bo Peep.
Kanga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: New POI database? Reply with quote

Since the owners of the current database seem to want to continue cashing in on contributers hard work, perhaps it is time for a rival, free database?

Would any readers be interested in setting up a new database including hosting, collecting camera locations, etc?

Please contact me if interested and I will look into registering a suitable URL.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New POI database? Reply with quote

Kanga wrote:
Since the owners of the current database seem to want to continue cashing in on contributers hard work, perhaps it is time for a rival, free database?

Would any readers be interested in setting up a new database including hosting, collecting camera locations, etc?

Please contact me if interested and I will look into registering a suitable URL.

Gosh, that's a good idea. I wonder why no-one else has thought of it. Rolling Eyes
Gwydion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New POI database? Reply with quote

Kanga wrote:

Kanga, Ignore the sarcasm from the previous poster. Some people have already set up sites to develop a new FREE database. Take a look at these threads:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33212

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33212

I've sent you a link via pm to another site.
jheward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no reasoned response from the moderators!!!

I can't believe that you are just ignoring so many valid criticisms of your proposed model.

Clearly your contributors mean nothing to you - all you are interested in is the cash.
Royboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Gwydion wrote "I've sent you a link via pm to another s Reply with quote

Can you please send me the same link as I will be voting with my feet too

Thanks

Roy
jheward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New POI database? Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:

Gosh, that's a good idea. I wonder why no-one else has thought of it. Rolling Eyes

I cannot believe this unprofessional response from a company which is hoping to charge future customers!!!!

How do you expect to have any goodwill with your potential customers if you are rude and unprofessional.

You have still not responded to the issues regarding your proposed 2 tier system - is it fair that people who submitted 1 camera a few weeks ago gets a life subscription whereas a much less generous reward is available for new submissions.

This will not encourage new submissions and will lead to the overall product not been as accurate.

What are your intentions:

a) Hva e an accurate product and generate a little cash to maintain the site
b) Make as much cash as possible

Why are you not listening to and responding to your customers? I think this is a big mistake.
Kanga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New POI database? Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Kanga wrote:

Sarcasm will only loose you support. I think the rot has truly set in for this site, I'll give it 6 months before they are having to give the database away for free again, that's if it's not already een replaced by an alternative DB.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sorry you all feel that way; a search of the forums would have revealed threads discussing the proposed alternative databases.

Your questions regarding the charging model need to be directed to Team members, not Moderators.
gonor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you could have not bothered with the sarcasm and pointed that out in the first place?
Barsnake
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try More Reading Less Moaning
CoPilot Versions
No Room Left On The Daskboard!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 18 of 44

Jump to: