Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevex9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Tomtom 6 Idea Reply with quote

Hi all

Sorry if this has been mentioned and apologies for the lateness, but i have just sent a NAVMAN iCN 520 back because i thought it was rubbish.

One good thing it had in there was the capability to navigate to an intersection, e.g. the A120 and B1024.

I know others of you out there would like this too.

TOMTOM put it IN.

Cheers

Stevex9
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamie wrote:

The ability to tell the unit not to be so stupid when it's trying to route me down a bus/taxi/one-way(Wrong direction) only street.

Mine has had this function switched on since day 1!
soopahfly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the day/night view stuff, (I use scaredy cats stuff to get round it) I'd like to see more communication with the mobile phone.

I've got a Go300, and would like to be able to syncronise my phone contacts to the TomTom so I can just pick someone from my address book and navigate there. Sort of like the favourite's but kept up to date from the phone.

I'd also like some sort of route planning software on my pc, like my dads Garmin.
gbronzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to enter raw GPS coordinates easily as a destination.

What I'd really love to see is a new non-Car nav mode. Basically, I want a hiking and flying mode. Instead of the detailed map, it would use a very simple world map, maybe just with major cities labeled. It wouldn't actually navigate anywhere, simply show your position, speed, altitude, etc. For hiking you can enter a destination, but it would simply show an arrow pointing in the destination's direction. Maybe show distance as well. This would be great for geo-caching. The mode would also be great while flying, just to show you what cities you're passing, where you are, how far to go, etc.

TomTom already has everything it needs to do this within the included maps, I just think a world map would be better for flying overseas, etc. The simplest mode would be a "Point me there". It wouldn't try to route via any roads, simply show the map with the arrow and stats.
thedon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markhadley wrote:
Sorry if this is already covered (or an existing feature that I haven found!)

but I would like to be able to save a favourite route not just a favourite destination (that may not necessarily be the quickest that the TT always suggests first) then when you select your favourite route (i.e the way to the office) you can turn traffic on and get updates/re-routes on the way....

my route to the office is about the 5th suggestion after telling it to avoid certain motorways (that are busy by the time I get there but not when I set off!) and setting it up before leaving my drive is a pain!

Mark - I think you can already do this using "Itinery Planning" (menu page 2 on my machine), create the route of choice (via waypoints if necessary), and then "Save" it for later use - "Load"ing it back when you want to follow that route.
Apologies in advance if I've missed something, and this doesn't do what you're asking.
stoker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Avoid specific junctions on a motorway rather than the whole section of motorway (eg in response to traffic info, but without signing up to Tom Tom Traffic).

2) At a roundabout eg 'Take 3rd exit onto A30'

3) Sequence a list of destinations to visit all in shortest time.
mike_d
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battery level display to come on automatically when not supplied with external power.

Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stoker wrote:

2) At a roundabout eg 'Take 3rd exit onto A30'

That would be brilliant. Also "Exit motorway onto M25 East"
george57l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I've only had mine a month so forgive me if any of my wish-list is already possible ...

- I want a "trip computer" type function - and one that is not dependent on roads. IE from where I am click on start and then measure distance/time/speed etc - would be very good not just for driving trips but I really want it for walking (which I do 'off-road') This seems a no-brainer "bleedin obvious" function for ANY GPS device!
- I also want to be able to update maps or at least make notes. I've noticed that on some more minor roads (and they were only B roads) many junctions are faulty. TT tells me to turn or bear L or R when that is in fact where the road goes (I don't need to be told to "follow the road"!) and equally TT says nothing at some junctions where I should actually turn or bear L or R (Ie I have to stop or give way). Junction intelligence not too deep!
- Also can we have intelligent POIs - don't tell me about things on the other side of the road that are only accessible if travelling in the other direction. And when not following a route, do not tell me about nearby POIs - just the ones on the road I am on at the time.
- Can we have future releases put on the SDK? I'm slightly hacked off that on 5.42 I cannot use POI Capture because it is not on an SDK-friendly version such as 5.2 - or else give me a TT 'native' POI capture method ("tap screen, mark now!")
- Will forum mods do a "collate and compile" on this thread and submit to TT with notes of how many people asked for what functions?
Cheers
George
mike_d
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An "offensive"mode.

"I said turn right plonker"
"Which part of 'take the exit' did you not understand?"
"Ok, so I have to calculate the route AGAIN"
etc.

Maybe there is already an "Easter Egg" in there we haven't found yet?

Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike_d wrote:

"Ok, so I have to calculate the route AGAIN!

Laughing Out Loud, I like it..... Or even just an exasperated "Tsk" sound as it re-calculates
alinton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see:

1. The ability to save a POI or favourite from a GPS point when that point is not on a road. I can't understand why you can't, right now, save a location on the top of a hill, or in a field, or on a road thats not mapped.

2. Decent maps for Ireland. They are awful at the moment. Apart from major cities, only primary roads are mapped. It must be the worst mapped country in Europe. By TT anyway.
BillyHey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
mike_d wrote:

"Ok, so I have to calculate the route AGAIN!

Laughing Out Loud, I like it..... Or even just an exasperated "Tsk" sound as it re-calculates

Like 'Driving Instructor' mode? Quote from my driving instructor (years ago) "Ok, that was good, but I said turn left, not right. Ok, up to the roundabout at the end, and... f*ck it, just go wherever you want"

I'd like to see smaller regional country maps (a la navman) - ie don't load all of the UK if I only drive in Scotland. And in Europe, load specific regions and integrate them into one map. With my previous Navman 510 (which I'm beginning to regret selling) I spent time in France, so loaded Belgium, Luxembourg, Alsace and the Rhine valley onto a large card, and managed to plan a route from the ferry terminal to my destination and cross into Germany for day trips without having to switch maps. I don't want the entire map of Europe loaded (that just slows things down) or have to buy the entire thing either, just the bits I want/need.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a user defined selection of icons:

So you can go to a "setup" menu and then select the icons/options that you want to appear on the main menu, a bit like selecting what POI's appear on the screen.

I agree with the day/night colors automatic time switch, excellent idea!

Also when it asks you to input a house number, what about a name instead of or the combination of the two.

Our house doesn't have a number just a name, so i have to use the house opposite for our location, but i suspect there's a lot of houses especially in the rural areas where numbers aren't really as applicable they are in towns/cities, which just have names.

Low battery audible warnings.

BTW, (off topic) What's happened to the wink Emoticon? Something rather banal, like a cybernetic micky mouse has appeared in it's place.

8O
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: