Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Menu Screens
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Menu Screens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT300_Owner wrote:
Hi, :D

Take at look underneath this post Wink (if you have Windows Exclamation )

Happy New Year! :D

Hi thanks for that post using this I was able to get it too look just how i wanted to!
I created my icons where I wanted them on both sets of menu and preferences and then created the menu.
I then opened up the sku website and imported it into there
Ok the pictures wouldnt show as it doesnt recognise them but i got the icons i wanted to inthe places etc. I find the sku site easier to use and edit. Once i created the menu and placed it onto my tom tom it worked great!
Just another way of doing it ...dont know if its longer or not but it works for me and thats what counts!
Thanks to everyone who assisted. :D :D Laughing

Let's Be Safe Out There
martin99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Custom Menu Screens Reply with quote

Hi, I have followed the advise here and used the site http://www.gregoryduncan.com/ttmd/index.htm which is a very good no techie solution to making custom pages.All works except that the "Preferences Menu" does not have any sub menus.All other menus with sub menus work.My Tom Tom 700 has a "Change Preferences" icon lable as supplied in version 5.202 software.

I did remove the origional tomtom.mnu file so there is only one in the SDK file.

Any thoughts as I have had to go back to the original mnu file or I will need many pages to get all the "Change Preferences" functions as they are not in a sub menu.

Thanks Confused
JLee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on that software as I didn't use it but I had to set up 6 pages for all of my preferences icons. Check out my sample mnu earlier in this thread and you'll see what it should look like.
jonlean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Menu Screens Reply with quote

martin99 wrote:
All works except that the "Preferences Menu" does not have any sub menus.All other menus with sub menus work.

The problem is that the menu builder application allows you to design your own preferences menu screens as well as the 'main' menu screens. Unfortunately if you don't do this because you want to leave the 'Change Preferences' screens alone the application writes the definition for a blank 'Change Preferences' screen into the .mnu file.

The solution is to edit the tomtom.mnu file produced by the application in a text editor like notepad and remove the line that starts:

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_PREF|

After saving the file to the SdkRegistry folder on the GPS you should find the 'Change Preferences' menu works as desired.
TT300_Owner
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - it was a problem but was fixed in the latest build. Smile
jonlean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm off to download the latest version then... :D
martin99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Menu Prefernce fixed:thanks to all Reply with quote

Thank you for your advise.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: