Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road Angel PDA Cables (Holux)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Angel PDA Cables (Holux)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Road Angel PDA Cables (Holux) Reply with quote

I mentioned in the forums the other day that the Road Angel sports a Holux GPS Receiver. Well Holux UK have now started selling the Road Angel for £399.99 with the laser attachment, but the big thing which is going to be welcomed by many of you reading this and interested in the Road Angel is, Holux have now started selling PDA cables. For £24.99 you can purchase a pre-made PDA cable to link your favourite PDA to the Road Angel so you can use the Road Angel as your GPS Receiver. PDA's currently supported are:-
  • Compaq iPAQ 31xx, 36xx, 37xx, 38xx, 54xx
  • Mitac Mio 528
  • NEC MP 200, 300
  • Packard Bell PG 2030, 2060
  • Medion
  • Casio E115, E125
  • HP Jornada 540, 560
  • Palm M5xx Series, Tungsten, Vx
  • Sony Clie N, S, T, NR, SL, SJ, NX, NZ Series
  • Toshiba e740
  • O2 XDA/MDA
  • Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox
This really is a superb collection of PDA cables, and will save you around £100 in a GPS receiver if you're looking to have both GPS and a Road Angel in-car!
wallisj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Road Angel PDA Cables (Holux) Reply with quote

I have got the iPAQ39xx cable working with my 2210 and its perfect...works a treat with TomTom Nav2. The cable pack includes a cigarette power splitter (3 way) and the data/serial cable includes power to the unit.

They are designed like a triangle...i have the roadangel in the middle of the dash, the iPAQ to the right and the cables hide in front of the windscreen and around the steering column. Really neat...would recomend highly!

Jamie
ParvB
Occasional Visitor

I have got a road angel (ver 104 firmware running @ 9600 baud rate) and an ipaq 3970 running tom tom nav 2 software. I bought a cable from holux (Model CA-IPAQ38xx - P/N 67011-07) to connect the two, but I can't get the GPS software on the ipaq to recognise the receiver. I have made sure that the road angel is set to output GPS data and verfied this using my PC. I wonder wether I've been sent the wrong able since Jaime metions an "IPAQ39xx cable, but I can't see it on their web site. Are the IPAQ38xx and IPAQ 39xx cables the same? Or, have I just got the settings wrong? Any suggestions?
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

The cable should work for both the 38XX and 39XX series.

What GPS have you set it to?

It should work with "NMEA 0183v2 4800" with "Serial Cable on COM1"

Good luck
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

I stand corrected - with firmware ver 104, the output should be 9600.
RajUk
Occasional Visitor

parv did you get the system to work?

i have a similar problem with my toshiba and road angel. i am using tomtom online maps and that wont recognise my road angel.

it just give options of ir serial on usb or IRDA.

i tried serial on usb but to no affect.

3rd party gps software works ok

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: