Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Sleeve (Quick Fix) AntiStatic bag
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Sleeve (Quick Fix) AntiStatic bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris williams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman Sleeve (Quick Fix) AntiStatic bag Reply with quote

if the problems are associated with electrical noise then buying a roll of copper self adhesive tape and fix it to the inside of the navman jacket will provide better sheilding than an anti-static bag.

copper tape and anti-staic bags are available from rs.

onbashi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman Sleeve (Quick Fix) AntiStatic bag Reply with quote

further tests since 6pm, all is still looking good!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Just as soon as I can find my collection of packing material and anti-static bags I will try just that
onbashi
Regular Visitor

you may think this sounds daft, but because of the issues regarding fix times with the navman 3400 sleeve (of which i suffer badly from) I decided to try a thing or two myself,

I got some anti static packaging from an old hard drive that I purchased a while back, folded it twice and inserted it between my ipaq and the sleeve.

it seems to have reduced the fix times by quite a bit, I did try this a while back but only used a single layer and it never really helped.

can someone else try this and tell me that i'm not dreaming??

onbashi
Regular Visitor

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/menu_rerads.asp

this link to pocketgps's review on re-rads should help you,

good luck...
egslav8r
Occasional Visitor

Onbashi:

Please explain re - rerad.   How will a reread help if it is not physically connected to the sleeve - Idont have bluetooth.
onbashi
Regular Visitor

I'm glad it has been tested by a reviewer, so does this mean it might possibly make it to your home page or get given a priority symbol only because i'd like lots of other 3400 users to see it, it has helped me a great deal, so i want to help others!
sfi1
Regular Visitor

Sorry for the confusion, there were some comments about the 3450 on this forum and the point i was making was that it would probably benefit the 3450 because of it's similarity of design (even though it is better at shielding RF in the first place).

It would be nice to hear from 3450 owners to see if this fix works for them as well.

onbashi
Regular Visitor

sfi1, you have a point,

I never new the 3450 sleeve suffered from this problem, I thought the curcuit board had been shuffled about inside and a new crystal was inserted to combat this, who knows ay!

I'm very pleased with the responses on this fix
sfi1
Regular Visitor

I do hope Navman are taking note of these positive responses. I'm sure that if they investigated it they would have access to a larger variety of materials to try.

As the RF problem is one that they acknowledge i would like to see some gesture, perhaps in the form of a replacement "RFI reducing" label. It would also benefit the current 3450. Some feedback would least show users of 3000/3400 models that they haven't forgotten them and are not solely concentrating on the new models.

Keep those posts coming

onbashi
Regular Visitor

I am very pleased that the fix has worked for you both, these are the sort of post that we need to see, hopefully other can benefit aswell,

Good luck!

ps. mine is still fixing pretty quick!
ticex
Occasional Visitor

Hi Guys,

Well, after travelling all over Europe over the past 2 months with my Navman 3400/Ipaq 3870 losing it's fix just when I needed it I was beginning to get very annoyed! However, this fix seems to have worked wonders!!

I now get a 6 sat fix within about 30 seconds without fail outside my house whereas before it took forever to get maybe 2-3 sats. Thanks so much for this and I do hope Navman are reading this or know about it as it vastly improves their product.

Thanks again!

Greetings,

Michael
tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

Well I have been away for a long weekend camping and I tried it, spent a fair time driving around with the GPS satellite view up.

It certainly worked for me, I usually get 3 to 5 sats occassionally losing signal as it drops to 2 yellows. With the fix applied I got 6 to 10 sats with the occasional drop to 4 or 5.

plus a definite inprovement in fix time.

Great idea, onbashi

Why the heck didnt I think of it!
onbashi
Regular Visitor

I like it, good name! Laughing Out Loud!

I'll try and get some aswell...

Darren
Frequent Visitor

I'll take some photographs and post a news item calling on Navman owners everywhere to try this out.

Perhaps we ought to start selling anti-static bags, oops I mean Navman Signal Optimisation Devices

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: