Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2210 lock up after TT2?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2210 lock up after TT2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royalty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: 2210 lock up after TT2? Reply with quote

Hi all, recently purcahsed iPAQ2210 and Tom Tom bluetooth. Both work very well, but I've noticed that on more than one occassion the following:

After finishing with TT2 and closing the application, then switching the iPAQ off....I sometimes can't turn the iPAQ back on?? I end up having to do a soft reset. Has anyone else noticed this or have some idea what might be causing it?

I'm using current version of TT2 and GPS software, and version 1.00 of the iPAQ/pocket2003 windows.

www.backtheboys.com
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: 2210 lock up after TT2? Reply with quote

I haven't witnessed this once, but it was when I had run an application other than TomTom Navigator 2 and it was one that also caused lockups intermittently. Some task bar menu systems like Icbar will cause this problem.
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

Daft question, but do you turn the bluetooth radio off before you turn the iPAQ off? If I forget my one will not let me turn it back on again. There was something on a HP forum about this, but I can't find the link now.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

I get no end of lock ups and 'irrational behaviour' when running TTN2 and Checkpoint on my iPAQ2210.

Matt
nissemus
Occasional Visitor

Although I've had to soft reset a couple of times, I noticed that often when it looks like it hasn't come on it actually has, but the screen doesn't light up. If you angle the display correctly you can see just enough detail to be able to tap the Start Menu. If you then go to Settings/System/Backlight and tap any part of the screen, the display lights up!

Unless it's just mine that does this...

Mark
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hmm, too many beers again! What I meant to say was I have witnessed this once.

cuk0724, no I leave Bluetooth enabled, so when I switch the 2210 back on the stack is enabled and the light starts to flash.

Matt, which version of CheckPoint are you running ? I'm running 2.0.2 available on our downloads page and have no lockups at all. It depends what other apps you have in memory though, things like start menu bars like Icbar and Wisbar can cause problems and cause hangs, same with Today plugin apps, don't forget these are all running in memory! If you have an incompatible program that isn't running properly under WM2003, this could be the root of your problem. Turn off all today plugins and exit any other programs whilst using CheckPoint and TTN2 and see if you still get lockups. Both Mike and I were having continous lockups when having Icbar installed, we removed this and went to Wisbar Advance and this has cured the problem.
TimBe
Occasional Visitor

Using the exact same kit I have had similiar problems and likewise had to perform a soft reset to bring things back.

Sometimes the Bluetooth Manager screen flashes on and off and I cure this by Settings / Memory / Close Programmes as I do not believe in doing too many soft resets.

I have read that resetting the 2210 too many times also causes probelms.

Best Regards from the Super Blues - Home of England Football and The Tractor Boys.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

Hi Dave,

I'm actually running the latest version of Checkpoint. I've seen posts in other threads about going back to 2.0.2. I may yet do this.

Although I have loads of software (some not WM2003 compatable) on the machine, I think its usefulness probably outweighs the lockups in most situations. I suspect that the problem may have been largely caused by SPB PocketPlus. It makes the X in the toolbar 'really' close things down rather than minimise. I think that when clicking on the X in TTN2 it was exiting some componenets but not others. Thus when reloading it crashed/hung. Since making sure that I use file_exit to close TTN2, I think I have mainly cured any problems. I do still get some random hangs in any programs but it is getting better. Especially since SPB PocketPlus also contains that 'everexpanding database' problem fix with soft resets.

Now if Microsoft could just fix the faulty alarm notifications...

Matt
chapsworth
Regular Visitor

I've just got my 2210 today and using a Globalsat BT GPS and MemoryMap. I've noticed that if I switch the 2210 off, then I can't switch it back on. Have to do a soft reset. Bit of a pain.

Simon
Dave
Frequent Visitor

This can happen with some programs that are running in memory that aren't fully WM2003 compatible.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: