Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio Power Mount - Pants IMHO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio Power Mount - Pants IMHO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Seidio Power Mount - Pants IMHO Reply with quote

not the actual cradle - but the mount itself - it is incapable of holding an Ipaq with an exansion sleeve on it and remaining upright - like a rapiddly deflating balloon it heads towards the floor - due to the positioning of the power cables etc - you cannot rest it on the dash - what are we supposed to do?

As it stands the product is not of a lot of use - and is an expensive waste of money - even without the expansion sleeve on it started to head downwards after a few minutes

I would love to hear comments from Seidio on this matter

David Miles
Zmurf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Seidio Power Mount - Pants IMHO Reply with quote

My mount has brewer's droop as well. I've posted below shortened versions of my comments and Seidio's replies:

Windscreen mount

The 14-in windscreen mount can't hold the combined weight of the iPAQ, Seidio expansion jacket and Seidio powered mount for even one second before swiftly drooping downwards.

The 14" windshield gooseneck is designed to hold the mount at the bottom of the windshield so it will not block your view. Also, we will recommend to rest the gooseneck on the dashboard for better support.

To quote from your website, "The Super Strong Suction cup can easily hold up to 22 lbs from the windshield... can securely hold your PDA and mount." Where does the website say that unless you rest the gooseneck on the dashboard it will droop with less than 5 lb weight?

Air Vent Mount

The legs on the air vent mount are too large to fit through the vents on my BMW M roadster, but in any case, the leg on the device isn't long enough to prop it up.

We are sorry to hear that the Vent Clip cannot fit into the vent on your vehicle. The height of the locking clip is designed to fit most of the vehicle. (sic)

I've just had a wander down the road looking at my neighbour's cars and I can tell you that your air vent wouldn't fit in more than 60% of them. This can't be the first time that someone has told you there's a problem and your website should warn about this and either list those cars that are known to be OK, or alternatively those where it's known there's a problem.

Charger not working

The mount isn't charging the iPAQ. There's power to the mount and a red light showing next to the handsfree port, but nothing going to the iPAQ. Maybe it's the mount, maybe the cable.

We would say it will be the charging cable is not functioning properly. We would like to ask you to fill out the RMA form at http://www.seidio.com/rma.htm.

Can I assume that you have already organised a replacement charging cable to go out TODAY?

Seidiopak battery

The battery in the Seidio expansion jacket isn't recognised. Power is, however, getting through to the Compact Flash GPS card mounted in the expansion jacket.

The Seidiopak's battery cannot be detected on iPAQ. This is normal and we are currently improving it. There will be a low battery warning pop up on the iPAQ screen when the battery level is low. There is a charging LED on the top of the SeidioPak RED means charging, ORANGE means charged and GREEN means fully charged.

OK. But as there are NO instructions included with the Seidiopak how are customers supposed to know about the LEDs?

wrxm33
Occasional Visitor

The above pictures showed the Vent clip mount for the Seidio Mount. The 2nd picture was taken when the clip is installed in a BMW 5 series vent clip. Unless the vent is perfectly flat and have nothing sticked out to support, the vent clip should be ok to install to that vehicle.

14" windshield mount

We would recommend to rest the gooseneck on the dash is because the 14" will block most of the view of the windshield. If you want to put the suction cup and hang the pedestal from the top of the windshield, we would recommend a 8" gooseneck instead.

SeidioPak

We are sorry about the missing instruction with the package. There should be a user instruction comes with the SeidioPak normaly. We will put the instruction on our website for download in the near future.

Thank you for the comment on our Seidio Products.
DavidM
Regular Visitor

"We would recommend to rest the gooseneck on the dash is because the 14" will block most of the view of the windshield. If you want to put the suction cup and hang the pedestal from the top of the windshield, we would recommend a 8" gooseneck instead." - this is contrary to the advice that your sales team gave me via email - which I have retained - they recommended the 14" due to the layout of the dashboard of the z3 roadster.

I am sorry but the whole impression that I have from your company from beginning to end is not favorable - the order was delayed - then incomplete, now relatively useless - emails to your company are answered with a standard impresonal reply - I have yet to recieve a reply from your company, regarding this issue, which is not autogenerated. Nor have you made any attempt to remedy the situation

David Miles
DavidM
Regular Visitor

Att: wrxm33 - I assume that you are a member of Seidio staff - I have recieved no reply from you about my return - I have posted details at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=60&TopicID=3422&PagePosition=1 - I would appreciate it if this matter could be resolved with either you issuing a refund or an RMA number - I do not want the mount as it is not as described and is "not fit for purpose" - involving my credit card company is a bit extreme but it appear to be the only way to resolve this matter given that you do not reply to emails

David Miles
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

I didn't bother with the gooseneck, it just doesn't look safe & with the cables at the bottom its hard to rest on the dash. I place mine in the cup holder of my car.

wrxm33
Occasional Visitor

Hi David,

According to the system stated, the RMA number had been sent to you. In case, you did not receive it, the RMA number is R482-01. Please return the item to

Seidio, Inc.

RMA# R482-01

10415 Westpark Dr., Suite B

Houston, TX 77042

USA

We will refund the full amoung to your credit card and included the return shipping cost shown on your return package.

We are sorry for all the inconvenince.

Seidio, Inc

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: