Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 5 and BT-77 from Ebay or whatever its called today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 5 and BT-77 from Ebay or whatever its called today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frazzle121180
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if any of you knowledgeable types can help me with this, but I bought this very same receiver just the other day for use on my nokia 6600 with tomtom mobile 5, however it is constantly incorrect, by this i mean that it calculates the route ok, knows exactly where i am but while driving it has me in fields beside the roads I am on but never actually on the road itself, I have been searching the net in vain for about a day now and cannot find any hel, so you guys are my last hope.

Does anyone know of a way to somehow calibrate or tweak the settings of the receiver so that it shows me on the actual roads and not in all the fields roundabout.

I have already verified that the receiver is setup correctly and I have even done a factory reset, but to no avail

any help much appreciated
LargePig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's made by Qstarz: www.qstarz.com

Did you all wait 8 hours to charge the thing, i'm impatient and it says it's charged :P
silversurfer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

i have just got one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUETOOTH-GPS-RECEIVER-SAT-NAV-16-CHANNEL-4-TOMTOM-ETC_W0QQitemZ5818261642QQcategoryZ14946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

after reading a few reports on this thred,
well to say i am impressed is an under statement, charged for the 8 hours , 9 sats picked up in the glove box of my focus with a heated screen, the unit has been turned on continuess now for 29 hours and is still working with out another charge would recomend Laughing

[/url]
alphalvr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had the bt77 for a year i can honestly say batt life is nigh on 24 hours.

but although great with nokia ngage and route 66 my palm zodiac will not hold a connection with it with either palm navigator or tomtom5

can / is there firmware update or any tips (im gonna try wired device as stated earlier)
alphalvr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and can u email me the manual cuz i aint got one and i gueess i need one now it dont work ;o)
Mike4282
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

I'm very new to satnav currently have tomtom mobile 5 which i tried with a friends bluetooth gps receiver yesterday all works fine! I have just received my Bt-77 Bluetooth and followed the instructions to the dot with regards to pairing the device etc etc. But when I launch tomtom it states no gps signal could this be to do with it being on charge as I have read it must be charged initially for 8 hours but it is plugged in on a mains charger by a window sill please HElP as dying to try out my new toy!!! Laughing
jim67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Its a cracking little unit and cant see why you would want to spend more money?
I used to use it with TT5 on my Ipaq but swapped over to TT5 mobile on my phone and in both instances it has performed faultlessly!!!
I tested it out on my phone the other month when I drove upto Scotland (Rossneith) in Argyleshire and even when driving through the Glens it was still picking up sats.
Great buy for £40-£50 note, if you are on the market for one then its all you need.

Jim.
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: bought one Reply with quote

Just bought one from the e bay link posted earlier. Will post comments on how it is when I get it.

Morris
Grzzzz Mr. Green
Nokia 6310i
-------------------------------
TomTom One
BigH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the face of it this looks like a snip, I would say that prices are dropping all the time. I bouht a Holux GPSlim 236 for £75 from Holux UK. Small, super sensitive (Sirf III of course) and well built, well worth an extra £25 with a warranty and good support from Holux. These appear regularly on eBay for £80.
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought i'd add my bit to this thread too. I bought a Qstarz BT-Q880 off ebay and its excellent, you can wander around with it in your pocket indoors and out or the glovebox and still get a signal! had it up and running with my Nokia phone in a few minutes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/32-CHANNEL-BLUETOOTH-GPS-RECEIVER-SAT-NAV-NOKIA-TOMTOM_W0QQitemZ5838343098QQcategoryZ14946QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
eBay.co.uk: 32 CHANNEL BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER SAT NAV NOKIA &TOMTOM (item 5838343098 end time 12-Dec-05 14:00:00 GMT)
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: bought one Reply with quote

Morris wrote:
Just bought one from the e bay link posted earlier. Will post comments on how it is when I get it.

Morris
Grzzzz Mr. Green

Just had it delivered, I have paired it with no problem but I cant pick up a signal, I have tried it as a other bluetooth device and aslo as a NMEA device, but no luck, can anyone advise please.

Morris
Grzzzz Mr. Green

BT77 gps reciever
Nokia 6310i
TomTom One
mav36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: bt-77 Reply with quote

Hi, I am also running tom tom 5, and have tried a few of the suggestions,but it still won't find my bt-77 receiver, which is very annoying.
Currently running Ipaq 3715 - pfreviously used aa navigator and that picked it up no problems, just could not use the speed camera database for it, you had to use its own one, which only covered certain camera's
Confused
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: BT77 Reply with quote

Since changing cars I had been experiancing problems in getting at decent signal witth my Tomtom mouse gps reciever. Things came to a head when I bought my partner a Tomtom One, this picked up a decent signal in the car in the house, almost anywhere.

Shortly after this I saw the comments on the BT77 reciever in this column, it sounded good so I bought one on E Bay.

Got my BT77 reciver and charged it for 8 hours as stated in the instructions, paired it with my Ipaq, and set it to other NEMA device, not sure which com port I used. I had tried other bluetooth device but couldnt get this to work, I suspect if I had been more patient and took my time and gave the devices time to sort themselves out that it would have worked.

So how does the BT77 perform? Its like a breath of fresh air compared to my wired mouse reciver. Gets a fix very quickly, generally 7 - 9 sattellites with the unit on the dash or rear parcel shelf, 3-4 in the glove box. It may not be the most up to date technology but it works well and I am impressed.

Clearly my mouse was on its last legs. I now get better reception then I have ever had.

In short the BT77 seems an excellent bit of kit and good value for money.

Morris
Grzzzz Mr. Green
Nokia 6310i
TomTom One
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW - I've had a BT-77 for about 12 months, and never had any issues with it's ability to pick up a signal. It would take a couple of minutes to get a lock, and might occasionally lose the signal for very short periods. Nothing that I considered to be out of the ordinary, or cause for concern.

Due to changing my phone, and wiring everything in a bit different, I've now added an external GPS aerial to the BT-77 and it's now on 24/7. The difference in signal is AMAZING. Picking up 9 satellites with practically full signal is now the norm - didn't realise how much of a difference it would make.

So, if you think your unit could do with performing better with regards to signal, consider adding an external GPS antenna - I have mine on my dash exactly where the BT-77 used to be, but the signal is much improved.

Cheers,

Steve.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: True? Reply with quote

Is it true what is claimed of this receiver (sirf lll killer)? Anyone have user experience?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5843243444&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: