Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which GPS app for my Nokia N70...? Suggestions please :o)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which GPS app for my Nokia N70...? Suggestions please :o)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaphodski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Which GPS app for my Nokia N70...? Suggestions please :o) Reply with quote

Have just migrated to 3G technology with a view to overlaying GPS functionality if I can find a package with the combination of features that I am after. Firstly I want a package that performs both on and off road navigation ie. point to point across countryside as well as road to road and finally road to offroad (ie take me as efficiently as possible by road to an off road destination 10, 20, 30 etc mile away (geocaching!)) Secondly I want the same package to take real time traffic updates via GPRS. CoPilot 6 was my first choice until I found out it doesn't work on Symbian 60. Then I looked at Tom Tom 5 mobile however there are issues with it working with the Nokia N70 and I've been told that it doesn't support off road. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved :o)
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are basically trying to do something which is virtually impossible. I.e. getting a programme which works just as well on road as it does off road.

In most cases they are completely different types of application, if you attempt to get software which can do both then it will suck at one of the applications, or possibly both.

I would suggest you get TomTom Mobile for your onroad stuff, and something else for your offroading.
Zaphodski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Mark...this I suppose is my last resort and is what I presently do with my iPAQ / Navman / Vito(?) GPS solution. My brother has a Garmin system which can do what I am after and that would also be tempting however I would not have live traffic updates...sigh

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: