Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Pin 570
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Pin 570

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Navman Pin 570 Reply with quote

Hiyas
New to this forum so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Looking to download speed camera database to Navman Pin 570.
Cant seem to find what files I need to upload or how to.
As a TomTom user its second nature to me but for the life of me I cant seem to find how to upload to Navman Pin 570

Regards
Doc X
Adek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocX, I've had a PiN570 for a couple of weeks now and played with it a bit.

see the thread I posted on the navman hardware forum on my initial experiance :
www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=31588

I posted a couple of things on this subject to likewise beginners in the forum on camera databases, see
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=31799

but essentially you need to use the desktop PC version of the software to download the POI's to the PiN. The PiN itself doesn't seem to find them unless you do this, so I suspect that the SmartST software seems to add something into an ini or likewise file on the PDA.

Anyway, you need to get active sync to work, and then have the PC smartST software to talk to your PiN. On the PC software is a POI editor in the drop down menu and you need to use this. selecting the POI editor allows you to read in CSV files, you can then save them to the PDA, along with an attached bmp image.

now the tricky thing I found was that the active POI files seemed to be saved on the PiN in the wrong place. It needs to save the files (4 files are created for each active POI group) in a directory called mypoi, under the navman directory. I created this mypoi sub directory since it did not exist on my PiN, and transfered the files onto that, I created it on my SD card, but you could also use the same sub directory name on the ROM part.

so if the files are stored then it should work (just make sure you activate them on the PiN) to do this go into the smartST software, and go into the setup function, scroll along the options at the bottom to POI, and make sure that mypoi is active. Then scroll along further until you find an active POI header, and you should then see the speed camera's POI come up oin the selection box.

hope that this helps. It seems to work fine once you have got the hang of it. It;s not the easiest software I have come across for sure but works once you get the hang of it.

Adek
DocX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Navman Pin 570 Reply with quote

thanks for that
I will follow instructions (once I get to dentist broke a tooth so not happy hate toothache cant concetrate )
throws pork scratchins in bin

Doc X
Adek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems, let me know how you get on with it. A lot of trial and error was in order when I started this and there were some threads and posts on here to do with SmartST V3 (which is roughly the same as the 2005 version on th PiN) these helped.

I'm still trying to edit the sound warnings for the active POI, so far haven't managed it- I can't get it to change this. What I really wanted to do has have a noticable warning for cameras and then a more gentle one for other POI's, but no luck yet. In theory it should be possible to use other Wav. files but.....

Hate dentists too, hope the tooth doesn't distract you too long from the important things in life, like gadgets.

Adek

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: