Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to use Contacts Navigation on TTN5.0 and 5.1?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use Contacts Navigation on TTN5.0 and 5.1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonardo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: How to use Contacts Navigation on TTN5.0 and 5.1? Reply with quote

Hi

I just got TTN5 for my Dell Axim50v Pocket PC (and upgraded to 5.1) and wanted to know how to use Contacts navigation. This is one of the main reasons why I bought TTN5 but just can't seem to be able to figure out how it is linked to the Contacts database on my PPC.

When I tap on the Navigate to... icon, there's no option to select Contacts database. Help!!

When I select Start-Settings-Remove Programs I can see that TomTom Contacts Navigation application is installed, along with TomTom Today, TomTom Navigator and TomTom ~Bluetooth Support.

Is this something so obvious that no manual has written about it and no one has a cause to complain except me? Please help. This is driving me NUTS!.

Thanks

Len
TomTom powered cradle
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Border_Collie wrote:
You may find some addresses do not work if you have sync'd with Outlook/Express and downloaded from your desktop. I've had a few I've had to adjust on my PDA to get them to work which in turn updates them on my desktop next time I sync..

The tip for using Addresses from Outlook is not to write directly in the address box of the "new contact" screen in Outlook. Instead click on the "address" button next to the box. This will prompt you for Street City Post Code etc and fill them in. That way it is more likely that TT will recognise the difference between the street and the city for example. The frustrating thing is that it does not appaear to use the post code at for this function.
leonardo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: another problem Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

I managed to locate a few places on TTN5 directly from Contacts but like you said, it failed to locate quite a few of them, simply because the formatting is not quite right.

Even if I follow the tip from peterc10, some addresses just won't work, e.g.
12 Augustine Court
Reading Road
Farnborough
Hampshire
GU12 3ER

where "12 Augustine Court, Reading Road" go into the Street field, and the rest to City, State/Province, Zip/Postal code fields.

The only way to get it to work is to simply put Reading Road in the address field, but then I wouldn't want to amend the full address in Contacts just so TomTom could pick it up.

Other address like:
120 Fulham Palace Road
London
W2 3OP
works fine without problems.

So, still not quite a polished product, this TomTom Nav 5.1. If only it uses the Postcode instead/as well as the street name, it might be able to locate the address.
TomTom powered cradle
soweezy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: another problem Reply with quote

leonardo1 wrote:
If only it uses the Postcode instead/as well as the street name, it might be able to locate the address.

it still has problems even with post codes
I've tried navigating to a number of post codes only to find they're showing in a completely different area, not just street, in TT5.1 than the position Yell shows them in... Yell showing the correct street name too where as TT5.1 wasn't even close, one was miles out...

Garmin Zumo 390LM
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Border_Collie wrote:
I've read elsewhere that problems can arise, when using the full postcode feature if.....

1. Using Navigate to Address, instead of Postcode.

2. Leaving a gap e.g. AB1 CD2 instead of entering AB1CD2.

If you go to"Address" in Navigate to it will only accept 5 figure post codes. To get the full 7 figure you need to choose "Post code" rather than address.
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: no navigate to in contacts Reply with quote

I just cant find a navigate to option in contacts, it was there in my previous version of TT but not in TT5, I'm using a ipaq 3970.

Can anyone help please/

Morris
Grzzzzz Mr. Green
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: no navigate to in contacts Reply with quote

Morris wrote:
I just cant find a navigate to option in contacts, it was there in my previous version of TT but not in TT5, I'm using a ipaq 3970.

Can anyone help please/

Morris
Grzzzzz Mr. Green

As said before the only way I find it is by pulling up the list of contacts then holding the stylus on the one I want for a while. that brings up a pop up menu which includes the option. AFAIK that was installed automatically when I installed TT5 - it wasn't there before.
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: no navigate to in contacts Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:

As said before the only way I find it is by pulling up the list of contacts then holding the stylus on the one I want for a while. that brings up a pop up menu which includes the option. AFAIK that was installed automatically when I installed TT5 - it wasn't there before.

I do that, i get the pop up menu but there is no navigate to option, it was there before i upgraded from TT3 to TT5

Morris
Grzzzzz Mr. Green
Vic_Tina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Border_Collie wrote:
Hold on, I'll make that clearer. There are two ways.

1. Touch and Hold pointer on contact name and choose navigate to in drop down window.

or

2. Tap once on the contact, then Tools and Navigate to.

Hi All

Tried changing the way I input addresses and the above but my pop up only gives me ......

Send Email
Beam Contact
Delete Contact

Anything else I can try?

Mio 168
TomTom 5.10
1GB Kingston SD card
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote

Hi All

Tried changing the way I input addresses and the above but my pop up only gives me ......

Send Email
Beam Contact
Delete Contact

Anything else I can try?[/quote]

Thats all I get as well.

Morris
Grzzzz Mr. Green

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: