Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please Help - I Killed my 510!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help - I Killed my 510!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kooodi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Please Help - I Killed my 510!!!! Reply with quote

Hi all. I recently purchased a 520 with the new Smartst 2005 software. I was updating my POI's and conected the 510 to the PC and 'stupidly' upgraded software. Now I have 2005 on my 510 as well as my 520, but only one registration number and license. Can someone please tell me how to roll back to version 3 as I have to let my wife use my 520 until I get hers fixed!!!!!!!
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the original v3 disc, then you should be able to rebuild the SD /MMC card in the 510. Check out the navman website as they have a good link to how to rebuild the card on there. Alternatively, if you've ever backed up your card onto your PC, you can probably drag and drop it from there.
kooodi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can rebuild the card ok, it's the smartst 2005 that is causing a problem. The 510 now operates like the 520, but it has no maps. I have formatted the SD card and followed the instructions on the navman site to rebuild it, but whenever I try and reload a map it asks me to register. From what I understand - one registration number per iCN, and unless I can rollback the 'firmware' to smartST V3 from 2005, I kinda ??!!
kooodi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I have all four CD's. Two for 510, and 2 for 520. And yes, originals.

Alternatiley though. I also have a TTone, can I load that onto the 510??
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the maps you have for the 510 are associated with that unit and you'd have the reg number for those two? If not, I think you need to call Navman to get help although you may have to wait til Monday. They are on 01293780500.
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you should need to do is connect your 510 to your desk top software (510 version), and use tools>recover registration details. Once done you will be able to reload your original V3 maps albeit still have the newer firmware.
kooodi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recover registration info...

1/ It says, 'Welcome back, the following products are registered to you: Navman Map Only CD and SmartST iCN510 (both with reg numbers). Click next...continue downloading license file etc.....click next....(it downloads) then....

2/ Thankyou for activating your Navman Software.. Click Finish.

Then if I click on the map to load to iCN, it tells me again to register..I click yes...

It then repeats para1 above but asks for application product key.
I have tried entering the two I have but one gets rejected and the other gives me a error 2011.

Any further assistance guys???
kooodi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps - error S00011: This application is not registered against this hardware unit.
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Your 510 now thinks it’s your 520. It will say that the 510 software is not registered.
This may work.
Go to page 84 of your 520 pdf manual follow the instructions for removing software from your iCN. Print this page as you may have to do the following.
You may at this point have to uninstall SmartSt 2005 from your computer before installing your 510 software. It may give conflicts to each other. I am not a computer software geek, but it would be nice in your case if you could run both.
Reinstall your 510 software on your PC and to your 510 as described in the pdf printout.
Run SmartST /tools/Recover Navman information, it should do the trick I hope.
You will then have to reinstall your 2005 software so that you can work with your 520.
Hope this helps or give Navman a ring & ask before you do the above to see that you can run both.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
kooodi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked - Yay.

Thanks so much

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: