Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot display problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot display problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: CoPilot display problem Reply with quote

I've forwarded this thread to TravRoute UK Support.
ColinS
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: CoPilot display problem Reply with quote

I can confirm that it does the same on mine.

I think it's a global warming flood prediction.

Colin
Thud
Occasional Visitor

Dave and Colin,

Thank you for your replies. Now that I know there is no point spending anymore time trying to re-load the maps or software I will wait for a response from TravRoute.
Thud
Occasional Visitor

I have been using the planning mode and have come across a display problem on my unit. When I entered "Mevagissey" as the origin the map display centered on Mevagissey but apart from the roads the display was blue as if it were the sea.

I then entered Newquay as the destination and that also showed blue. After calculating the route the display returned to showing Mevagissey in blue. As I zoomed out, the south coast appeared correctly and more and more of the land was correctly coloured but there was a diagonal line across the display and anything above this line was blue.

There appears to be a problem with correctly displaying the north coast of Cornwall and depending on the zoom level this problem can spread to the south coast.

Can somebody who has CoPilot Live please check if this happens on their unit? If it doesn't, I will re-install the software on my unit. I've already re-installed the map several times but the problem remains. Thanks.

Thud
Occasional Visitor

I can now confirm that the display problem also exists when in guidance mode. It can make the maps very hard to follow and while in Cornwall they can at times be essential since while driving along the country lanes the routing instructions quite often do not indicate a required turn although it is shown on the map. If the map is unreadable then the first you know that you missed a turning is when the "Calculating new route" message pops up.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

This has happened to me whilst driving from Dorset to Plymouth. Just as I was leaving the A38 towards the city centre, it went blue. I thought the tide had come in early ! Good job I know my way around Plymouth, but some people could find themselves lost on the verge...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

This blue bug is very interesting, if you don't know already from reading the forums, Navman have been experiencing this problem also, and have not managed to rectify this totally. Strangely enough both CoPilot and Navman use the same Geodata provider (NavTech)!

ColinS
Lifetime Member

Dave, I've been throught the junction in your display at least a couple of dozen times with no display problems at all.   ?????

Colin
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Yes but I presume you're running SP1 or SP2 ? The above problem was fixed in SP1.
ColinS
Lifetime Member

I'm running Co-Pilot Live - Pocket PC 4. I posted the above so that you were aware that the problem was not evident on this package in the geographic area you were having problems with Navman. As you point out, they both use NavTech and I thought that this may be relevant.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: