Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - question from a newbie
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

question from a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magic77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: question from a newbie Reply with quote

appolgies in fron so I dont get shot down for not searching but need a quick ansnwer.

Looking to buy a SPV C550 for the wife and wondering if anyone has found a way to run the car charger and a USB gps reciever.

Also is it possible to run tomtom 5 on the smart phones. As I have a spare copy which I could use or is it better just to buy a new mobile version.

I cant use the bluetooth connection as that wil have to be used for the car kit. So final question is can anyone recomend any good GPS recievers which come with power conenction.

thanks
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

you can purchase a device that plugs into the power socket / cig lighter that has three sockets on it as the devices used are low power that is not a prblem it costs around £10

the c550 will i believe require ttmobile 5 as it has a different screen resolution there is now an update on tt site for this phone

as far as i know you will have to use the bluetooth connection for the sat reciever i have not heard of a reciever that can plug into the c 550

ernie
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using TomTom Mobile you must use the bluetooth connection, it won't work any other way.
MGTF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

For what its worth i have just bought a Sony PSP dual cable. USB at one end and twin lead at the other. (Its made to charge and allow data transfer for the PSP). One end fits my BT338 GPS and the other fits my C500. So i can charge either device with the same lead (I must admit I haven't tried charging both at the same time) I also use it to charge my IPAQ - Just ordered a second so i can have one in the car and use one with my PC.... (Paid £2.99 inc delivery)
Magic77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think with that cable its possible to run a gps and a charge at same time

also are you runnin tom tom 5 or tomtom mobilke
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic77 wrote:
do you think with that cable its possible to run a gps and a charge at same time

also are you runnin tom tom 5 or tomtom mobilke

I use TomTom Mobile and charge my phone and BT GPS at the same time. Doesn't seem to be a problem.
Magic77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i dont mean charging both at same time what I meant was using the USB as the connection to a GPS reciever and charging the phone as well

this is due to the phones bluetooth being tiedup with the car kit so cant use it to conenct to bluetooth gps reciever.

unless ofcource the spv c550 can take more than 1 bluetooth connection at a time,does anyone know if its possible

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: