Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Emtac BTGPS & iPAQ 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Emtac BTGPS & iPAQ 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoRCoVaDo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Emtac BTGPS & iPAQ 2210 Reply with quote

Has anyone tested the Emtac BTGPS with the iPAQ 2210?

some problem?

Thanks.
PeterB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Emtac BTGPS & iPAQ 2210 Reply with quote

CoRCoVaDo

I have been using the Emtac BT with Ipaq2210 for about a month now. Using TTN2, Memory Map and I am now testing the latest version of Teletype software.

The Emtac works fine with fast TTFF and links OK with the Ipaq.

The 2210 does have a mini problem of locking up, on occasions. As mentioned by Dave and Mike. But is NOT seriously effecting my use.

Seems like a good, light weight combination!!
CoRCoVaDo
Occasional Visitor

Peter, I've found this thread.

what you think?

Thanks again!
PeterB
Regular Visitor

CoRCoVaDo,

I recognise the issue when the Emtac is flashing and I can't get a signal. It has happened twice in my study but never 'on the road'. A soft reset sorts it out.

I suspect that there is a minor PDA problem and await an 'official' upgrade.

My overall experience is, however, OK and I am using this combination on a daily basis for in-car navigation and will try it in the air very shortly.
CoRCoVaDo
Occasional Visitor

Peter, I thank for the commentaries about your experience, but I've the same problem that expose in the forum.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards.
srenee
Occasional Visitor

I have recently bought 2210 and Emtac, as I am totally new to this world of navigation can any of you kind gentle men guide me as to which software I should buy which supports Bluetooth.

I really need this info so that I do not end up buying a software which do not support emtac,ipaq 2210 and bluetooth connection.

Many thanks in advance
scritch
Occasional Visitor

I've also been having issues with the 2210 and the emtac BT gps. I am using Destinator 2 here in Australia and it has been driving me mad! Working fine then BAM! straight to the Bluetooth selection page.

Well I decided to try out putting my maps on my CF IBM microdrive instead of the SD card. Today I have been in Brisbane QLD and driving around all day with the emtac humming and the microdrive spooling the map info, and it did not drop out or go to the bluetooth page once!

I tried everything to make it budge, map recalculations and everything, and everything worked flawlessly.

I then took the microdrive out and put the SD card back and within 10 seconds the bluetooth connection page came up.

Maybe it is a problem with the SD card access driver and the bluetooth stack in the HP 2210?

I don't have a big enough CF memory card (non microdrive) to test it as well, but the microdrive works flawlessly, where the SD card does not.

For me - I'll just stick with the microdrive until SD is fixed.

Regards,

Shane.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I wouldn't think so, I've running 2x512mb SD cards on two seperate 2210's and haven't had one single problem. There has been talk about if the processor is getting overloaded then the Bluetooth stack will drop, it might be an idea to purchase Storage Tools and scan the SD card for errors and also defrag the SD card.
scritch
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 20 August 2003

I wouldn't think so, I've running 2x512mb SD cards on two seperate 2210's and haven't had one single problem. There has been talk about if the processor is getting overloaded then the Bluetooth stack will drop, it might be an idea to purchase Storage Tools and scan the SD card for errors and also defrag the SD card.

Dave - I have used Storage Tools and my SD card is fine, and defragmented.

When you say your SD cards work fine - so does mine for everything BUT running Destinator 2 with an Emtac bluetooth GPS.

With the microdrive, I can have destinator 2 running with a plotted course directing me, and open up PocketInformant and browse my calendar, jump into Internet Explorer and make a GPRS connection over my bluetooth phone and nothing hiccups with the emtac and Destinator 2 at all.

I can't even get Destinator 2 and the Emtac to work reliably on its own (overclocked, underclocked, no apps runnning, no today plugins etc etc tried) when using my SD card for my maps, let alone even considering doing what I can do above with the microdrive.

My SD card is a Toshiba 128Mb (SD-M128B1).

Regards,

Shane.
scritch
Occasional Visitor

OK - an Update:

The Destinator people have released a patch for Destinator 2 (2.1.15 to 2.1.19F) and the readme.txt contained in the zip states the following:

Quote:

The following two issues were reported regarding the functionality of Destinator2 (all versions) on the iPAQ 2200 and 5400 series Pocket PCs:
  • Installer is not able to recognize SD and CF storage cards.
  • Destinator dysfunction when using Bluetooth GPS receivers to navigate.

It also states:

Note: "!" indicates that when using a BlueTooth GPS receiver, map data must be installed on the main memory or CF card.

I have attached the README.TXT to a post on the Brighthand forums here:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85384&perpage=10&pagenumber=15

For those interested, you can get the upgrade from here:

http://www.destinator.it

Regards,

Shane.
NRG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Emtac/2210/TomTom Reply with quote

Ibe just got am Emtac after 4 months hazzle with a bluetooth Tomtom unit which freezes regularly. I tried a halcom with the tomtom software and it was perfect.

The Emtac is also working well as the supplier eventually changed it for the Emtac so yes it works well with the 2210 where as the tomtom doesnt.
There is a 2.4 version tomtom software and now a 2.09 GPS update. The 2210 also has HP updates you need to consider Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: