Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN 520 at Argos
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN 520 at Argos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art J
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: iCN 520 at Argos Reply with quote

Argos have a special price of £250 until Monday, to include the European maps would be another £100 ( not sure if the 520 has V3 or SmartST 2005 installed ) possibly another £30.
I have a 3450 sleeve fitted to an iPAQ and initially I was considering upgrading my software and maps at a cost of £149, this Argos deal has me thinking maybe I should upgrade the machine but would I be better waiting until I could get the new iCN550 with all the software included.
I am looking for the most straighforward way of navigation on both UK and western European roads.
Is the 3450 going to be slow compared with the more modern machines ? Advice and suggestions would be appreciated,
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 520 has SmartST2005.
Art J
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim,
regarding my 3450 compared with the 520, the 3450 being an older system am I going to be disadvantaged in speed or features by just upgrading the software ? basically has the 3450 reached the end of its useful life and will the 520 now move me to a modern efficient system.
My main problem with the present system is the lack of intermediate route points i.e. from A to D but via C and not B, other than inputting many small routes I have to ignore the 3450 when the route I want to use does not correspond with what it thinks, to be told continually to turn right or left to get back to the 3450's route until it wakes up to the fact is irritating.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: