Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

Map errors

Leaving Long Eaton Derbyshire on the B6540 direction Castle Donington as you pass under the M1 bridge TT tells you to take next right Netherfield Lane at Latitude 52.86876 degrees North, 1.31005 degrees West.in order to connect to A50. This road is a dead end, does not connect to A50, never has done. it once connected to theA6. The A6 became the A50 at that point over 6 years ago.

Doug
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

Ref my posting on 25thMay

"TT tells you to take next right" should read "next Left" sorry I usually know my left from right

Doug
stephenpreston
Occasional Visitor

This probably isn't detailed enough to be useful, but ...

I've just come back from holiday in the Loire region of France. The French map has numerous omissions in that region (too many to list). Looks like there's been a lot of roadbuilding there lately - lots of new roundabouts.

And if you navigate to the Boulogne Auchan Commercial Centre using the built in POI, it takes you to a field about 2 km away from the real site.

[And don't use the Chateau POI list from www.poihandler.com - the POI locations are way out in some cases.]

Cheers,

Stephen
v8dave
Occasional Visitor

Aberdeenshire, A96 bypass at Kintore and Blackburn is missing even though it has been there for 5 years.

As a matter of interested for David, I spoke recently with Tele-Atlas and is seems that the cutoff was 6 months prior to release with 6 monthly release intervals. This has now been reduced to 3 months before release as instead of about 8 survey engineers to collect the data, they now have access to the Ordnance Survey's 400 engineers. Should hopefully make the maps more accurate and up to date. Time will tell.

Dave...
Trude
Occasional Visitor

Just out of interest, does this error info get fed back to whoever supplies the map data for TTN2? If so, how often does it get updated?
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

TTN2 doesn't seem to have heard of Hedon in East Yorkshire (it's a fair-sized town, population probably a few thousand, a few miles East of Hull.)

Addresses in Hedon are recorded as being in Preston which is a village a mile or two north of Hedon. Therefore, in order to "Find" an address in Hedon you have to type in Preston as the "City" name.

To confuse things further, if you add an address in Hedon to Favourites or use it as a Departure or Destination point it gets shown as being in "Preston (The Scottish Borders)". Errors like this, where a totally wrong local authority is shown, are too numerous to mention, but this is the first one I've noticed where a town is located in the wrong country!
sitrap
Lifetime Member

Buffy Beagle - Hatton in Warwickshire, a busy village as it contains one of those farm/shopping villages, is shown in the right place on the map, but is shown as being Hatton,(Aberdeenshire), another english place in Scotland - only 350 miles out (as the crow flies)!
Paul Sharpe
Occasional Visitor

Dudley (West Mids) Bypass is not mapped yet its in my West Mids A-Z dated 1997.

And, believe me, if there is one place that you would want to bypass if you could, its Dudley.

Paul
Torchy
Occasional Visitor

There are many errors in the Gloucester (UK) area. A petrol station that has never existed, a road that was replaced by a sewage works in 1961 and if you plot a route to my house I am told that 'you have reached your destination' over ½ mile away.

I note too that on at least 2 routes the TT2 maps show you travelling through fields to the left of a major by-pass!!!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Stalham, Norfolk (NR12 9 area).

Lower Staithe Road is now blocked to all but authorised traffic at the junction with the A149, and there's a new entrance to the A149 a few hundred metres to the west built as part of the new Tesco store and filling station development.

This is an area where the road layout has been significantly changed, and will need re-surveying to sort properly.

David
dmac
Regular Visitor

North Tyneside.

A19 junc with A191 west, Holystone bypass not shown its about 1.5 miles and 5? years old.

Also routing travelling south at southern exit to Tyne Tunnel seemed very iffy (perhaps ear not tuned)
Creation
Occasional Visitor

Was browsing the TomTom website trying to search for the free updates for Navigator and found this link instead to report problems to TeleAtlas:

http://www.na.teleatlas.com/tomtommapreport.html

Not sure if you guys seen this before though, so i'll post just in case. Anyone know where the free upgrades for the Navigator USA is?
nissemus
Occasional Visitor

I've noticed that footpaths seem not to be included in the maps at all, which tends to negate the usefulness of walking mode.

For example, there are a set of steps at the end of my road which lead down to a footpath and onto the next street. However TomTom shows the road as a dead end, and if asked to navigate to the next street (about a minute away), it takes you in the opposite direction and all the way round the block on a 10-minute trek!

Similarly, it refuses to let you walk across parks and commons. I thought that was what they were for!

russgunn
Regular Visitor

A6 Clapham bypass in Bedfordshire not on maps. Although a fairly new road it should have been listed as a proposed road for 2-3 years, as with all new major road builds.
omaruk
Regular Visitor

The one way system on Browns lane at the intersection of Lady Byron Lane in Knowle, Solihull is incorrect, Tom Tom Nav2 says that this section is one way when in fact it is 2 way, it becomes one way after the intersection with Smiths lane. Co-ords are 52.39171N and 1.75553W

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: