Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Assist with Pocket PC 2003
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Assist with Pocket PC 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS Assist with Pocket PC 2003 Reply with quote

Just found this forum and this message. If have an iPAQ 2210 and if I am running GPS and TomTom with my Bluetooth GPS and turn the ipaq off you can't re-start it with the on/off button, only by a soft reset. On the HP US forum is listed the same problem, and the answer looks like a ROM problem in the ipaq. No answer as to yet on a fix.

Also when I'm running GPS Edit if I tap on the contacts button I get an error, Error "Application Error. An error was encountered while running this program: Object required: `polApp`" I then tap OK, the rest of the programme works OK but the contacts button becomes greyed out, and I can no longer use the point to point screen. Also any changes that are made to setting are not saved.

Does anyone else get this problem?
DocEvil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS Assist with Pocket PC 2003 Reply with quote

I've just bought an IPAQ 2210 and loaded TomTom Navigator 2 (v2.24 & GPS Status 2.06) on it. I'm using the Socket Bluetooth GPS. In order to use GPS Assist the pocket PC requires Embedded Visual Basic Runtime for Pocket PC 2003 which I downloaded from Microsoft. When I run GPS Assist and turn off the IPAQ during navigation (Which works OK when I used my 3970) I can only get the IPAQ 2210 to power back on via the hard reset button. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I haven't tried GPS Assist, but another app Universal Converter wanted the Embedded VB Runtimes for me, but I couldn't get them installed.

The 2210's are starting to exhibit hanging for me, especially where you can either switch it on and it doesn't light up the screen (you need to soft reset), or you can pull down the start menu and the whole iPAQ freezes. I'm starting to believe this maybe application issues, I use Icbar, and Mike does too and he's experiencing the same problems, so we're unsure if it's a hardware or software issue.

Are you running Icbar or any other task manager ?
DocEvil
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave

Thankyou for the quick reply. I'm not using a task manager on my HP2210. The only software loaded is TTN2, GPS Assist & eVBR.

I installed the eVBR by copying the downloaded file (msvbppc.armv4.cab) to the SD card on my IPAQ via activeSync, locating the file via the IPAQ's explorer and clicking on it.

Regards

Paul
DocEvil
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave

I would also like to add that the HP2210 will power back up if I only have TTN2 running. The problem only occurs if I have TTN2 and GPS Assist loaded. Could this be due to GPS assist being compiled for PPC 2002?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I've come across some vague mention of problems with the current eVB runtime for Pocket PC 2003 in microsoft.public.pocketpc - but nothing specific, I'm afraid.

I think this could be a Microsoft problem. Maybe it's worth looking at, or even asking a question in, microsoft.public.pocketpc about whether others are having problems with the eVB runtime on Pocket PC 2003.

David
bins
Occasional Visitor

Read about this issue somewhere in the newsgroups.

Should be rather an iPAQ 2220 issue and an update should solve the problem.

Solution to the freezing was finally found in the POI's.

If I recall well, if you save them in a colordepth less (16 bit or so rather then 32 bit) the problem of freezing should be solved...

I don't personally have the 2220 nor the above experience, but thought to share it. Good luck!

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: