Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost Audio Warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Audio Warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Lost Audio Warnings Reply with quote

Hi

Since I downloaded your latest POI files I find that my speed camera audio warnings won't work. I've gone through all the settings (several times) but can't get them back. Any ideas anyone?

Ted
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Lost Audio Warnings Reply with quote

There is a bug with GPSAssist that I've stumbled across, for some reason it doesn't like you copying a new OV2 file in and gets confused. What I've had to do on GPSAssist is to create a new OV2 file, then import the new cameras into this OV2 and setup notification and it works. I'm not sure why GPSAssist is doing this, but it's been happening with me since the latest release, looks like a bug was introduced.
tedkay
Regular Visitor

Hi

Thanks for that Dave. If you find a spare minute could you tell me how to create the new OV2 file etc. (Do I first delete the old one?).

Is there a way to test ans see if the audio alerts are working without having to go out on the road?

Regards

Ted
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Ok, these are very rough instructions as I've just gone through on my 3870. Hope you're ready for an intensive process....

If you run up GPS Assist then:-
  1. Goto Detector menu, unselect the Pocket_GPS_UK_SC file by highlighting it and tapping the ACTIVATE button at the top of the screen, then tap MENU
  2. Tap POI Manager, tap NEW, enter a new POI name and tap OK. Now tap ALERTS INACTIVE to make it active, tap COPY ICON, browse to STORAGE CARD\GREAT_BRITAIN NAVIGATOR MAP and select the POCKETGPS_UK_SC.BMP file.
  3. Select the Warning Sounds like you have previously in setting up the camera warnings and preview these. Also setup the distance warnings and tick the WARNING DISTANCE IN SECONDS box. Also tick the SYNCHRONIZE WITH TTN check box, then tap OK, wait until the GREEN wait message has disappeared (bottom right), then tap MENU
  4. Go back into POI-Manager, tap POI-EDITOR, then tap IMPORT OV2, point it to \STORAGE CARD\GREAT_BRITAIN NAVIGATOR MAP\POCKETGPS_SC_UK.OV2
  5. You will now get the spinning pizza wheel for quite some time. After which it should load all the entries into the new database. You should see them on this POI-EDITOR screen. Once completed tap MANAGER (top right), then MENU (bottom right)
  6. Tap POI-DETECTOR menu, and then tap the new POI you created and tap the ACTIVATE (top left), then MENU (bottom right)
You should now be setup and ready to roll. I've noticed that sometimes when you do the IMPORT OV2 option that it finishes quickly and ends up with no entries. Sometimes exiting GPS Assist and TomTom Navigator and soft resetting cures this.

Testing Audio alerts you should be able to do in the POI MANAGER screen and tapping the P where it says ... P R. P is for preview.

BTW, if you still get no entries when you do the IMPORT bit, the other option is to come out and MANAGE the PocketGPS_UK_SC.OV2, and export this to a text file in POI MANAGER, then import this as TEXT, I've found this works better (again I think another bug).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: