Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA IIi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA IIi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bar poi warner hasnt worked for me ever but i do get the warning ok hasnt missed one yet

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
atherda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: xda IIi lock-ups TTN5 Reply with quote

Not sure how much this adds, but I was having the lock-ups describe in this thread during traffic updates. I bought a Kingston 512mb elite pro SD card to try and solve them. Initally the lock-ups were the same, then over the last few weeks they went away, traffic updates great, no lock-ups and very few soft resets. The settings on the xda are the same, no RAM updates or radio stack changes, using standard not turbo chip mode, I even have the O2 today program running.

I wonder if TT have done something different on the traffic database!
Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like to say thanks to the contributors ion this thread, as Im thinking of getting the xda2i with tomtom. (must be mad) As a not particularly proficient PC guru, am I setting myself up for a load of grief doing this or would I be better off with the XDA2s or orange m2000? cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the "problems" surrounding the IIi (memory card specific) - I would lean towards the IIs I use one and have no problems (in the end the first unit I had from O2 drove me up the wall - but it was faulty), the IIs is querky with the no one there when you answer it - just turn the BT on and OFF and te problem goes away - also check out if both units are quad band I know the IIs is so its better suited to the USA if you travel over their - Mike
Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers- just that the slightly better camera quality would have been handy for work as i wouldnt have had to carry a digi cam aswell. its supposed to be a bit quicker aswell
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't beat a decent digital camera, if you want to do photography then use a camera, the PDA is only useful for the quick shots - the lens allways let them down - its a compromise - I use a Cannon EOS 10D with a range of lenses - that can produce the results way in excess of any camera equipped PDA - the PDA is handy at times but not for "serious" work - Mike
Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontheSQ wrote:
hi, ive read all through this topic and picked up on this transcend 512mb 80x sd card ive just got a xda2i and wondered if the 1GB transcend works just as well ???? might as well buy big

Reading another thread on here, the general recommendation seems to be to stick to a 512 for speed reasons with gps (searching etc). the thread is entitled "which sd card" or something... hope that helps
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiff wrote:
just like to say thanks to the contributors ion this thread, as Im thinking of getting the xda2i with tomtom. (must be mad) As a not particularly proficient PC guru, am I setting myself up for a load of grief doing this or would I be better off with the XDA2s or orange m2000? cheers

The XDAIIi is a superior bit of kit to the XDAIIs and once I got a Transcend 80x SD card ALL the problems I was having with mine went away. I have not had a single lock-up or crash since.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup me too once you get the transcend all is fine ,even can answer the phone now while tt is running and when call end tt takes over again
ontheSQ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just brought the thinknavi gps mount and cant seem to find how to connect it on tomtom5 any ideas?
tomtomuser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate.

Just uncheck receive all incoming beams, use other cable NMEA GPS, and select GPS baud rate 4800, and serial on com 1, these are the settings that i use for my ThinkNavi and they work perfectly.

If you have only just got the ThinkNavi it could take upto 45 50 mins to find satalites the 1st time that you run it, took mine 35mins, now within 25-30 seconds i have a fix.

Great bit of kit.

Mick.
hacker007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you turn the flight mode on without turning blue thooth off??
weatheryoko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: You can't Reply with quote

When you turn on "Flight Mode", it turns off all the radio transmitters (including BT).
peter111961
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: sd card Reply with quote

anyone know where i can buy the transcend card and how much they are i have tried links in earlier threads but they seem to be dead
pete
peter111961
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: sd card Reply with quote

have found one with value media is the card in the earlier threads a mini ?all they are selling is a 1gb does anyone know if the 1gig card is ok?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: