Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Postcode search
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Postcode search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Postcode search Reply with quote

Did anybody notice on Sat 24/9 QVC UK were doing a ACER PDA/GPS with Co-Pilot software, as demonstrated to search by full postcode. Is such a version available yet to upgrade.?
Alan
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the very same item, and thought the same as you. Whether it is a new version or a bolt-on I don't know.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a new version specifically written for QVC. Currently we don't have it available yet as a add-on/bolt-on for existing v5 users.
daps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave... Did send a email to support and also got the answer back within the hour.

Thank you for your Support Question.

With regards to your email, the version of Copilot that you saw on QVC was designed for the Acer N35 platform. The full postcode recognition will be available in a new version within the next few months. However we do not have a time,date or price for this release.
Regards,
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, we are working hard on making this available, just don't have a firm date as of yet. It's complicated due to various CD data versions of maps, program builds etc.
diverse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Correct, we are working hard on making this available, just don't have a firm date as of yet. It's complicated due to various CD data versions of maps, program builds etc.

I have just been told by and Irish guy (shamus?) at ALK support that you will not be issuing an update or upgrade for FULL postcode search, is this true?

Twisted Evil
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for this. This is incorrect, and I will speak with Seamus and the entire team again as the team has received updates from myself on this subject.

As I have said above, we are working on full 7 digit postcode support. You can obviously see the outcome from watching the QVC Today's Special Value airings over last weekend, and have it now in a QVC special build. We also plan to continue support in future versions.

Making this available in current/previous releases poses problems due to the different sets of data CD's that have been issued, quickstart cards and licensing as usually this would have to be compiled into the map data. However, I can't see any issue in making this available *providing* we can make this as an easy add-on without having to recompile map data and re-issue data cd's and SD cards without breaking any licensing agreements. If we can, then we will.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: