Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - sd card backup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

sd card backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markyboy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: sd card backup Reply with quote

I have attempted to copy the contents of the SD card of the Tomtom Go 300, to my pc and then have copied that to a new 256mb card. With a view to having as a backup but also for using in the Tomtom, with lots of spcae available for new voices. However when the new 256 card is put in the tomtom it does not boot up, flashes up with a cross through it. Have i done something wrong or is the tomtom setup not to allow this, and before anyone jumps to conclusions the copy is of my own card that is working in my own machine! One further point luckily i did do a backup to my pc of the Go card when i first set it up as I am now unable to copy the card as it has a drive error in the voices section, and stops the copying process. All is working ok with the machine but i do wonder whether it would allow a restore if needed? All went wrong when trying to add new voices from third party software!
tomtomthumb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have attempted to copy the contents of the SD card of the Tomtom Go 300, to my pc and then have copied that to a new 256mb card. With a view to having as a backup but also for using in the Tomtom, with lots of spcae available for new voices. However when the new 256 card is put in the tomtom it does not boot up, flashes up with a cross through it. Have i done something wrong or is the tomtom setup not to allow this, and before anyone jumps to conclusions the copy is of my own card that is working in my own machine! One further point luckily i did do a backup to my pc of the Go card when i first set it up as I am now unable to copy the card as it has a drive error in the voices section, and stops the copying process. All is working ok with the machine but i do wonder whether it would allow a restore if needed? All went wrong when trying to add new voices from third party software! .

have you tried to remove the voice that you added to see if the go will work?
if so then mybe the voice folder has been currupted somehow,
you can try removing the voice folder that is causing the problem and the copy and past the original from your backup, this should work,
i have added and deleted many a voice file when i had problems making my own voice and never had any problems.
markyboy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After posting i did manage to find another earlier thread, i formatted my sd card and copied each file/folder individually. It now works.

re that voice file!! On my tomtom sd card the voices folder hangs when you attempt to open it whether via the usb or direct on the laptop ( have sd card reader on machine) The file left on there was a bitmap file i managed to remove the rest. I think the whole folder is corrupted, BUT the original voices work fine. I could try and remove the folder and restore the voices folder from my backup, but am i brave enough!
sparkey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there is your card compatible with the tomtom have a look here :

http://www.mytomtomgo.com/special_faq.php#77

Did you format your card ? did you copy/paste all the files in one go ? if so try copy/paste one at a time over to new card it may help.
sparkey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam a bit slow there Crying or Very sad
tomtomthumb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better luck next time!! Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: