Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Got it all working but some questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Got it all working but some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Got it all working but some questions Reply with quote

1) Occasionally when zooming a map - TT Navigator will just crash - I mean a full exit from the program - not even in tasks anymore - all gone - using Ipaq 3870, MMF 303 CF GPS card, Navigator 2 and Driver (all patched to the latest versions) - no POIs (yet)

2) Can I save a route as I access it frequently?

3) Is there anyway - addin or not - of having a route with waypoints - in an ideal world I want to be able to plan a route from "home" to "work" VIA XXX, YYY & ZZZ

DavidM
dogo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Got it all working but some questions Reply with quote

Hi,

I am a bit of a newbie at this but to answer question 3

I don’t believe you can you have to look for a add-on program like GPAssist..

DavidM
Regular Visitor

Dogo - thanks that looks exactly like what I want - I have downloaded it and shall try it later

DavidM
Dave
Frequent Visitor

1) This has been a known bug with TomTom from the CityMaps days. What tends to happen is when the processor is under load (working heavily), if you zoom too quickly it can exit. Sometimes it's best to zoom a little at a time.

2) You can save your destination as a favourite or a POI. You can't save a route though. You can record a track which is the route you took, and you can play this back later, but you can't say I want to take these roads.

3) GPSAssist is the only program that will really allow you to do this.
DavidM
Regular Visitor

Hi Dave - thanks for you answers - do u know if they are going to look at the "bang Exit bug"?

The saving it as a POI/Fav is what I have done

Dogo showed me the GPSAssist which looks to be exactly what I want

PS Thanks for your help over the last few weeks - both on the forums and via Email - I am now setup for the European trip

Just got to get a mount - so your opinion - bearing in mind that the rake of the Z3 windshield is pretty heavy - RAM Suction Mount or the new Seidio one?

DavidM
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure if it's on the fix list David. TomTom do have a long list of fixes and enhancements and they get prioritised depending on how serious they are.

No problem about the help, glad we could be there for you and help you get setup!

Personally I like the Seidio or Arkon mounts. If you need a non-multimedia mount then I'd go for Arkon otherwise go for the Seidio multimedia mount. I haven't used RAM before, but I believe they are pretty sturdy mounts.
DavidM
Regular Visitor

Think I'll be going for the Seidio - given the fact that the car will have it's roof down most of the time - an amplification for the voice would be a major benefit

DavidM
Dave
Frequent Visitor

That sounds wise!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: