Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion pna100 problem wont switch on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion pna100 problem wont switch on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkside
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Medion pna100 problem wont switch on Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I have a Medion PNA100 which i bought a week ago all worked fine and after a trip to scotland it worked very well, however switch it off the weekend and when trying to put back on sunday nothing the unit wont switch on, Theres a red light in the on/off button but the unit will not come on. tried everything i can think of, reboot, memory card out and back in and battery out and in.

Can anyone advise on this problem

Thanks
Mike
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
I know this might be a silly question but is the battery charged up as I have done this myself a week ago Embarassed

cheers Bob
Darkside
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

Had the unit on charge over night, the red light stays on whether on charge or not now so its constant. Could the battery have gone..

Mike
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
might be the power supply to prove this try plugging in to the car ciggy lighter with ignition on as you might have a faulty PSU.

cheers Bob
paulp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Had the unit on charge over night, the red light stays on whether on charge or not now so its constant. Could the battery have gone..

This is one of the anoying things that often happens to mine.....
Every now and again you thing you have turned it off when in fact its just the backlight thats off.

This results in the battery fully discharging and the only way I have found to get it working is remove the battery and then shortly after connecting the battery connect the power supply......

You loose everything so make sure you regualary back up to card...

Hope this helps

Paul
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Same problem. My MEDION MD 95000 Wont switch on Reply with quote

I really hope someone can help me here..PLEASE!! I have a MEDION MD 95000 and a similar thing happened to me. Basically my unit wont switch on. I had been using the unit WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER,when I had a message appear that stated words to the effect that my battery was low.(I didnt have my car charger with me at the time) I turned off the unit and a few days later plugged it into my car charger and the orange light came on.I attempted to switch on the unit but nothing. I continued my journey and a while later the light went from orange to green which indicated it was fully charged but again. it still didnt switch on. (i tried to soft reset but nothing)On getting home I connected it to my PC using the docking station and charger. Again the light went to orange for a while then green. Tried switching it on but nothing . The weird thing is that when I unplug the device after getting the green charge light and then reconnect, the light again just goes to orange for ages. has anyone any idea as to what the cause is as I dont have my receipt and although the device is only just 8 months old Both Aldi and Meridion said they cant do anything without the bill of sale.I am so lost without the GPS now but dont have the money for a new one. If I cant fix it by using your help, which GPS unit with intergrated aerial would you recommend. Any help would truthfully be appreciated, Kindest Regards, REME
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a Hard Reset - I know you will loose all of the data on the PDA, but if it won't switch on then you having nothing to loose.

If you Hard reset then leave it off for about 30 seconds before switching back on, the screen may not come on for about 10 seconds after a Hard reset, but then will return if all's ok.
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pocketgps but unfortunatly the plan hasnt worked. I have contacted Medion and they will see what they can sort out for me but didnt say as to how much it will cost.?? The gps is getting collected tomorrow by one of their drivers so I will let you know the outcome as it may help others should they develop the same problem.
Is there a good reasonably priced GPS handheld system that you would say was value for money? and if so what make and model do you prefer. I would appreciate your advice, Kindest Regards and thankyou, REME
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello REME

As you may have seen from the bottom of my post I use the same Medion as you and was so pleased with the unit that I purchased back in February a Mio168 which is basically the same unit, so I have no proper knowledge of other units, sorry about that.

Hope Medion can get you sorted for a reasonable cost, the battery charging that you had noted with your unit is typical with what I see with both the Medion and Mio units so I would not think its a battery problem, hope its something as simple as the switch on the side.
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Medion have now said is that I will have to pay £100 for the technician to examine the unit. This also includes postage to them. after examination I will then have to pay for any parts that require renewal.
Please let this be a warning to anyone buying any electrical goods.Always keep the receipt in a safe place. I know some will say its common sense but lets be honest......Common sense is not that common.
In my case I have learnt a most valuable lesson. Thanks for all your advice and help. it really was appreciated. Thankyou PocketGPS.
SCO7T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there
i have the medion 95900 and had the same problem
where the screen dissapeared but you could switch it on and off as normal
but still no screen on
but you could tap the screen whilst unit was on and it would click as it should
medion have had to replace the screen and mother board
luckily i had my reciept thank god
a hard reeboot solved the screen temperarly but would hapen again a week later.
one thing to bear in mind always shut down the navigation software before turning off the medion as it can carrupt the softwre
trying deleting all data on your flash drive
then another hard re-boot mine worked better for longer this way
if no joy and not too latpm me with your email address and i will see if i can photo copy my reciept for you as long as it doesnt infringe my warranty as i only sent them a photo copy of my reciept when mine went in for repair
regards
scott
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SCO7T, I now have the Medion back from repair and working fine. I sent them a bank statement showing that I had withdrawn the funds from the bank next to Aldi as Aldi couldnt accept my bank card and I paid by cash. It worked and they repaired the item for nothing. The only niggle I have now is that although it is repaired I dont know what the fault was?? i just got the unit back in a clear box with no note or anything.
Am over the moon and have since added the POI Warner which is brilliant. for those who dont have it on their Medion I strongly recommend it. Thanks for your help guys and nice gestureSCO7T, Appreciated !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: