Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is Royaltek Sapphire waterproof?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Royaltek Sapphire waterproof?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOLUX UK Tech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Is Royaltek Sapphire waterproof? Reply with quote

Hi all,

The HOLUX GM-210 is also totally waterproof too.

We would be delighted to take your order on the phone (0870 321 6929) or via our website (www.holux-uk.com) - just go to the Products section, select the GM-210, or one of the 210 based bundles, and "Add to basket".

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

-------

The HOLUX UK Technical Support Team.

SALES HOTLINE: 0870 321 6929

Tel: 0870 321 5929 (ext 13)

e-mail: tech@holux-uk.com

web: www.holux-uk.com

Holux Navigation Aids.....     "Get there."

Holux Navigation Aids ".....Get there."
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Is Royaltek Sapphire waterproof? Reply with quote

I have just bought the Royaltek Sapphire GPS and due to poor signal inside my car (Peugeot 307) I'm interested to but it outside the car. But dos anyone know if it is fully waterproof? If so I then don't have to buy a re-radiating antenna.

(I should have bought the Leadtek 9532 instead, which is fully waterproof, well, well ...)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

The Sapphire isn't waterproof, so you really would need to look at buying a re-rad, or a 9532.
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, Dave. Not the answered I wanted bye anyway ...

What would you recommend, a re-rad or the Leadtek 9532?
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

Sorry, but I forgot a question.

Do you know if there are other shops then TDC (www.tdc.co.uk) who sell the Leadtek 9532?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Yep, Tecrep (they are actually Leadtek UK). You won't be able to order over the internet, but you can order direct over the phone.
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

Sorry but just one last follow up question.

Since I haven't used either TDC or Tecrep before do you have any recommendations for which to use. I am looking at the Leadtek 9532 with cables for FSC Pocket Loox.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've had dealings with Tecrep, and have spoken with the guys at TDC, both seem to be good companies. If you call Tecrep, ask for Louis, he's the boss. If you talk to TDC, ask for Simon Taylor. I'm not sure if you are from Norway, if you are, you might find it better dealing with internet ordering. However, on the other hand, if you are abroad it may also pay to call because they may need to have some form of identification like telephone bill or utility bill faxed to them as this is sometimes required from retailers to combat fraud.

Either way you shouldn't have a problem. If you need to purchase cables seperately for another PDA or just a spare one, Widget is a good place to buy them from.
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

Sorry, but for me you replayed a bit to late. I ordered the Leadtek 9532 from TDC on friday and looking forward to receive the gps sometime next week. Maybe next time ...

Anyway thanks for the answer, and to Dave a BIG thank you for the help.
kathy
Occasional Visitor

As I know, Sapphire can work fine when you put on dashboard. So you do not have to put it outsides.

If you concern the waterproof and price competition, I know RFG-1000 is good and you can update firmware by Internet.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hi Kathy, good to see you here! I think Eirik's concern was mainly that with some cars, they have Ultra Violet protected windscreens, and these severely dampen any type of radio waves penetrating the windscreen, and can cause very low satellite fixes, and sometimes so bad that you can't get a 3D fix, or it keeps fluctuating in and out of a fix.

Not many cars have these, mostly Renaults and some Peugeot's do, but when you do have one, a Re-Radiating antenna is probably the best option, or moving the GPS mouse outside of the car.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: