Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GlobalSat develop Bluetooth Audio devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GlobalSat develop Bluetooth Audio devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: GlobalSat develop Bluetooth Audio devices Reply with quote

Well it wasn't going to be long before someone started to create some useful audio devices for Bluetooth. HP have a set of BT Headphones, and a lot of PDAs and other devices support the A2DP BT profile. This should allow them to broadcast the audio wirelessly to a receiver.

GlobalSat have provided us early details of two devices: The BTH-820 Bluetooth Headset, and the BTA-830 a BT Audio Gateway.

For me the BTH-820 Bluetooth Headset is the more exciting product of the two, as it provides a stereo headphone function together with a microphone. In theory this should also be capable of being plugged into a normal hi-fi system to play digital music over BT. This, of course, would include navigation instructions from your PDA. A much more interesting application for me would be to connect to my 4700 and give me wireless capabilities for Pocket Skype.

The BTA-830 plugs into a PDA, iPod, mobile phone or other device that does not offer Bluetooth connectivity to turn it into a Bluetooth audio transmitter.

Source GlobalSat wrote:
GlobalSat BTH-820 (Bluetooth Stereo Headset)

The GlobalSat BTH-820 Bluetooth Headset is designed for wireless mobile audio devices powered with Bluetooth technology, such as mobile phones, PDAs and notebook computers.

The Bluetooth Headset is amazingly small packs it all down to about half the size of a credit card that looks and feels small and attractive. As a technology wearable you can enhance your clothes by clipping it onto a pocket or collar, or just hang it freely from a neck loop as a pendant.

The BTH-820 gives you excellent audio quality by using Bluetooth technology (supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, Headset, and Handsfree), it eliminates the need for a physical connection and gives you total wireless mobility within a range of up to ten meters.

It also fully supports mobile phones over Bluetooth. It can receive and answer phone by wireless communication, moving freely while your phone stays in your briefcase, the desk drawer, or even the next room. With the interchangeable headset, allowing you to use different headphones, you can personalize its performance of your choice even further!

Features:

 Provides clear audio quality with 16-bit digital sound.
 Built-in microphone for using a mobile phone.
 Supports A2DP, AVRCP, headset and handsfree Bluetooth profiles.
 Range up to 10 meters.
 Receive and make phone calls while listening to music.
 Remote and volume control buttons for adjustment
 Power Button (answer/end calls)
 Interchangeable headset to all available mobiles - 3.5mm stereo.
 Bluetooth specification version 1.2 compliant.
 Light weight.
 Continuous operating time is up to 6 hours.
 Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery.

Specs:

 Bluetooth verion1.2, Class 2
 Profile: A2DP, AVRCP, Headset, Handsfree
 Audio Quality: CD-Quality, 44.1, 48KHz 16 bit stereo
 Microphone: Built on the main unit.
 Audio Jack Output: 3.5mm Stereo
 Battery Life: At least 6 hours (Playback)

Source GlobalSat wrote:
GlobalSat BTA-830 (Bluetooth Stereo Audio Gateway)

The GlobalSat BTA-830 turns your iPod into a wireless music center. Using the latest innovative Bluetooth technologies the Audio Gateway transmits crystal clear digital sound to compatible Bluetooth audio receivers up to 10m away.

The BTA-830 audio kit consists of a receiver that connects to your iPod and a Bluetooth headset. It is simple plug-and-go device which supports the standard Bluetooth A2DP profile for consistent and clear stereo sound quality.

The BTA-830 offers both digital music and mobile communication features in a light, portable player about the size of a pack of cards. It also gives any non-Bluetooth device the ability to work with a Bluetooth headset and enables your audio device to transfer the stereo audio signal wirelessly to the BTH-820 or any of the Bluetooth headphones.

Pairing the BTH-830 with cell phones and any audio device is a breeze. Just plug the BTH-80 into the headphone jack of your iPod, PDA, MP3, CD, mobile phone, or PC/laptop computer to listen to your favorite music through your BTA-820 or other Bluetooth Audio Device.

Features:

 Plug, switch on and go
 Supports A2DP for consistent clear stereo sound quality.
 Compatible with portable CD players, MP3, TVs, DVD players, and more.
 Divert the high quality audio from wired to wireless.
 Outstanding performance & sound quality
 Enjoy true digital sound; provides CD quality on-the-go!
 Fast and Simple-one button operation.
 Light weight.

Specs:

Bluetooth verion1.2, Class 2
Profile: A2DP
Audio Quality: CD-Quality, 44.1, 48KHz 16 bit stereo
Audio Connector Input: Stereo headphone (3.5mm)
Battery Life: At least 6 hours (Playback)

Last edited by MikeB on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting devices, but where are they avail from - I have tried various links and drawn a blank each time - I am interested in the headset unit any leads would be appreciated - nice kit, I bet you don't want to give it back if you managed to get Skype working on the trust worthy 4700? - Mike
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mike but they wont be available until later this year.

I havent even got my hands on a SD502 (due out early next month) let alone any of the really new stuff.

My source tells me that these will be available in October.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks for the prompt reply - I will keep my eyes out for their launch as I have a use without a doubt - purchase as always will depend upon the price - any indications given so far, or will it be an expensive christmas present from the wife (you know what I mean)- Mike
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know the pricing, or have any idea at the moment.

I know the sort of Xmas presents you mean. Although I normally get mine before Xmas. It often helps to give it to her, then use it when she realises she has no use for it... Confused
ibnassaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am a new member.

I bought a GPS Tuner 4.2 software but it does not work because it require a GPS receiver and I have my blutooh installed in my PDA@ mobile. Is this enough or do I need to buy something els to be able to commincate with the Setiltes?

Thank you.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea but i'd be more interested in using it a wireless headphones for my mp3 player (creative zen xtra - yes, there is more to mp3 players than the ipod...)

that way i could set up my playlists etc then just keep the player hidden in my bag and not as easy to nick from my pocket!

MaFt
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
nice idea but i'd be more interested in using it a wireless headphones for my mp3 player (creative zen xtra - yes, there is more to mp3 players than the ipod...)

that way i could set up my playlists etc then just keep the player hidden in my bag and not as easy to nick from my pocket!

MaFt

You can with this setup. They only use the iPOD as an example.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:

You can with this setup. They only use the iPOD as an example.

i'd grasped that mike, it's just a pet peeve of mine that the media seem to call any mp3 player an ipod Smile

cheers
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well up until recently I have been very happy with my WMA player (read Laptop) then I got a Creative MUVO N200 still can play the WMA no problem. I just got a JVC KD-AVX1 and found that it is not possible to play DRM protected WMAs.

Bummer. I am now in the process of re-ripping 10Gb of digital music. As far as I am concerned I will not be using Microsoft Digital Music formats again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: