Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Orange M2000 - Loss of favourites, home & POI alerts ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Orange M2000 - Loss of favourites, home & POI alerts ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beggars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Orange M2000 - Loss of favourites, home & POI alerts ??? Reply with quote

Maybe a newbie question but... haven't managed to find a solution in these posts or direct via Tom Tom (whe are sloooowww!)

I'm happy with my TT Navigator 5 installation with the BT modem -all works fine. However, after spending a bit of time entering my home location and adding a few favourites - mother in law etc (you can tell how often I go there!!!) , these then disappear next time I use Tom Tom - say next day

I've also noticed, that POI's I've downloaded and entered remain on the SD card (in the GB map folder of course), BUT proximity alerts I set up ALSO disappear next time I use the software.

Also, VOICES tend to default randomly to a 'SPECIAL' voice I don't have...resulting on no voices to accompany my journey

I'm not hard (or soft) re-setting the SPV M2000 either - just shutting down the application via the EXIT command within TOM TOM

Any thoughts would be gratefully received - might even help us get to the mother in law's a bit more often.

Cheers!!!!

System:

Tom Tom 5
Orange SPV M2000 running Windows Mobile 2003
BT Bluetooth GPS
eaylcr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problems (apart from the special voice).
The only work around I have found (thanks to people on here) is to store all locations as POI's as these dont seem to be deleted & you are less likely to chuck it out the window.

I also have problems in that finishing any calls kills off the BT GPS connection, is this something you have as well?
beggars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Still no luck on this! Reply with quote

Thanks....I don't get the problem dropping the GPS = though O do't use any other bluetooth devices at the same time...

Thanks for the suggestion re storing as POI's, however, this doesn't stop alerts from 'disappearing' once the application is closed down - so I'm still struggling.

Thanks!
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth, I've been running initially Navman SmartST V3 then TomTom navigator 5 on my SPV M2000 and had the 'dropping out sat reciever' problem for months with both. Tried everything. Stopped using bluetooth because phone was crap with my Nokia BlueTooth carkit, switched everything under the sun off and on. Then one day I did a great night trip from the south for hours without a problem and realised the only thing that was different was I didn't have the headphones plugged in! Now I've definately nailed the problem down to this. I'm using a Holux cradle (think its the CR-100) so no bluetooth involved. must be a port sharing problem.

I was surprised though. After all the button on the headset does bu**er all and you'd think the headphones just opened the speaker connections and hijacked them. But there's something whacky going on when they're plugged in.
hyjacks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a few problems with TT5 keyboard, TT5 shutting down and other niggles. Update to 5.1 worked for me :D

Qtek 9090 and leadtek BT 9537

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: