Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Seidio Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Seidio Mount
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Seidio Mount Reply with quote

Oisky,

I just tried connecting my 5450 to the Sedio and this works fine withour a sleeve, so will work Ok with a sleeve as well. It is a bit tight down there but the iPaq fits in perfectly. I am not too sure about the cable as the only one I have is the short version for the 38/39 series, so all I was able to do was check the plug.
greeper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Seidio Mount Reply with quote

Will this mount work OK with a 2210 with a bluetooth TTN2 setup?
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

Cheers Dave, what would we do without Maplin...

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Chorlie, if you have the Leadtek 9531, 9532, 9534 mouse that came with the TomTom package, then you won't be able to get it to plug into the Seidio mount. There are currently no cables to support this kind of setup.

Easiest way is to purchase a 4-way accessory socket for the car with 1m flex cable from Maplin. Only costs around £7, and well worth it allowing you to hide your accessory plugs under one of the front two seats then!
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

Still looking for some advise on how to use the supplier TTN2's GPS with the Seidio Mount.

Any ideas Dave?

Chorlie
Regular Visitor

Just got my Seidio Mount today and all is fine with it (good old www.pocketanimal.com) but one thing I have noticed is, if you buy it for a replacement for the TTN2 supplied mount, you can't use the TTN2 supplied GPS, because it plugs into the power lead.

Can you buy some kind of adapter so you can still use the TTN2's GPS. If you had 2 power sockets in you car you might be ok, or if you don't need the Seidio speaker, but then if you didn't need these you wouldn't spend £50+ on the Seidio.

andygrove
Regular Visitor

This looks identical to my Arkon CM55 in every way except the vent mount kit. It looks a bit better than the arkon one which is not lockable and has caused me a few problems. The Arkon comes with a cable long enough for a 5550, so a 5450 should be no problem

Andy
wrxm33
Occasional Visitor

Oisky and Mike,

The pegs at the bottom of the Seidio Mount can be removed by unscrewing it. There are 2 pegs at the bottom, just unscrew the one on the left side so that the audio cable can be plugged in. Also, there are 2 different length of the Audio cable. If you order the mount for a IPAQ 5400 series, it will include a 10 inches long audio cable instead of a standard 5 inches cable.

Anthony

from Seidio
oisky
Regular Visitor

As well as the cable, the left hand 'prong' that stops the pocket pc from falling out of the mount seems to me to be in the exact place that the earphone socket is on the 5450?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

The 3800 cable length is a little too short, but if you specify the mount you're ordering is for a 5450, then you should receive the longer cable designed for the 5450. I don't know whether all retailers stock this cable, so it might be best to ask them before ordering.
oisky
Regular Visitor

I have the iPAQ 5450 which has the earphone socket at the bottom. Does the Seidio mount account for this?
Iggs
Occasional Visitor

This multimedia mount looks a lot like the Arkon one, are they the same?

I was considering buying an Arkon mount for my Dell Axim as the RAM universal mount partially obscures the CF slot, if they are different which one is better?

regards

Nigel
Dave
Frequent Visitor

We've just released the review of the Seidio Multimedia Mount. The review not only covers the complete multimedia mount but it also covers the Seidio New Swivel Adaptor and the Light Stylus!

The full review can be read here
oisky
Regular Visitor

Please ask Mike to test this, 'cos if it's ok I'm going to get one!

Cheers
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I haven't tried it on a 5450 only the 3870, I know Mike's tried it as he has a sample from Seidio, but I'm unsure if he's tested it with the headphone socket.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: