Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: CoPilot Live Pocket PC 4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: CoPilot Live Pocket PC 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard9832
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: CoPilot Live Pocket PC 4 Reply with quote

"the display is split into three pains"

Ohhh ouch!!! ;-)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: CoPilot Live Pocket PC 4 Reply with quote

Ten people have proof read the review and not one person found it.
Thud
Occasional Visitor

I was very interested in your review and enjoyed reading it but there was something you missed out. You describe two of the lines of information as "Current Road you are driving" and "Current Time / Nearest Town (Customisable)". On my unit both these lines are customisable with the options being

1. Current time

2. Nearest town

3. Current road

4. Name of approaching side road (crossroad)

5. Speed

I find the crossroad feature extremely useful. Although it was on 3.5, I was glad to see it hadn't been removed. While new to this GPS lark, it gives me the confidence that CoPilot really does know where it is.

I'd be interested to know how accurate the speed indication is likely to be.
dejongj
Regular Visitor

Excellent review and a very promising product with some interesting features....

Let's just hope that the live traffic information is following the european RDS-TMC standard and not something bespoke using GPRS and the Internet.

Fingers crossed....
Dave
Frequent Visitor

We have completed the CoPilot Live | Pocket PC 4 Review. We had hoped to release this prior to the Pocket GPS Summit, but we ran out of time in the lead up to the Summit.

For everyone who's interested in the latest new version of CoPilot Live | Pocket PC 4, the review can be read here
Tony Bond
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the speedy review of this update. Please could you clarify (1) in the picture under the 'hardware' heading, the central piece of hardware appears to be a Co-pilot-badged BT unit but there is no mention of it in the article or on Travroute's site -they had previously told me they had no plans to market such a unit (2) compatibility with Dell Axim not stated on Travroute's site -do you reckon all software/ hardware versions of Co Pilot should work with it ?

Thanks for any guidance.

Tony
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Tony, regarding the Emtac/Socket rebranded CoPilot Bluetooth Receiver, this is something that is currently available in the US and has now been adopted as one of TravRoute's preferred hardware receivers, along with the CoPilot CF Card and the rebranded Emtac/CoPilot Sleeve. The BT GPS will be coming to European users, probably by the end of July, you'll see it currently available on TravRoute's US website.

Regarding your second point, I don't think compatibility with the Dell Axim will be a problem. If the Dell Axim is running Pocket PC 2002 then the CF card version, or Bluetooth version, or in-fact if you go for the software only version of CoPilot Live, then you'll be able to use any GPS Receiver. Simply selecting the COM port and baud rate will get you running. In the review I heavily used CoPilot Live with a Leaedtek 9532 and found it working extremely well. I don't think there would be many compatibility problems with the Dell, but it's best to check with TravRoute first.
Casper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Review incomplete? ;-) Reply with quote

Hi All

Great review. Bought the software on the strength of it. One question - I can't see how the product handles the Isle of Mann or Jersey. Any reason why this is excluded? I am travelling to both those places in Setpember and October respectively and it seems a shame they have left it out of the mapping! It basically means the product I have bought won't do the whole job for me and I'm going to have to buy something else.

Bummer!!!
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: