Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with TomTom please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with TomTom please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dickb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help with TomTom please Reply with quote

Installed Tom Tom Nav 2 on my HP Jornada Pock PC series 500. all has gone well and i have used the device this weekend. then i just so happened to start the application up on the PDA and i get this error.

navigator.exe has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. If probs persist...etc.... then you get the usual address in memory...

There maybe some clue here, because when i put my PDA back in its cradle this morning, it would not connect to my PC without me first performing a hard reset on the PDA. Does anyone know whats going on here... i think it maybe to to with the serial port access.....

thx in advance...

dick
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help with TomTom please Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but have you sync'd a lot of POI's ? I've found I get this error if I have around 20 POI's synced, I immediately get this error, and I have to soft reset to then sync to the cradle. However, if you delete a couple of the OV2's with corresponding BMP's it should resolve it.

OTOH it may be a different problem. Give it a try by moving some OV2's and BMP's out to the root directory temporarily in File Explorer or through AS and see if this helps.
Dickb
Occasional Visitor

Not sure of all this david, I have the UK map and the software running on the flash card. Could this be it... You said about moving the OV2's, not sure what these are and anyway i cant fit anything into the PDA's main memory, its quite small...

the application wont start at all now, i just get this error..

dick
Dave
Frequent Visitor

If you haven't downloaded any Points Of Interest (OV2 files), then it could be a corrupted storage card, or a corrupted install of TomTom Navigator.

If you have installed Points Of Interest like our speed camera database, and other POI's with our Sync Service, then moving or deleting some of these can rectify this error.

If you haven't, you'll need to first try and scan and fix any errors on your storage card. If you have a storage card reader on your PC you can place the card in there and it will appear as another drive letter, you can then run scandisk to scan and fix errors.

If you don't have a storage card, then you can download Storage Tools from Softwinter.com and install this to the Pocket PC and scan it through the Pocket PC.

If none of the above works, I would try to uninstall and then soft reset the Pocket PC and then re-install TomTom Navigator.
Dickb
Occasional Visitor

Thanx dave for all your help, in the end i deleted the product off the PDA flash and downloaded to main memory, this now works fine. others may need to know this in future..

interesting though, i downloaded the updated version (think its 2.02) from the TOM TOM site, and this when run freezes my PDA, so again i went back to V2.0. is this a known problem i wonder..

dick
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

There's mention of a problem with version 2.22 on the Jornada that Darren posted in the forums here.

David
Dickb
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for that david, yes thats the problem i had with the download. To be honest im a bit disapointed in Tomtoms support, i have emailed them twice and had no acknoledgement or anything back. When you have problems and you have paid your money you expect something back. I work in IT and understand the importance of support. does anyone else find this a pain..

dick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: