Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Question Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Question Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMN II
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Question Please Reply with quote

I am going to buy a GPS in the next week and need some feedback. I would like your feelings on the Garman Street Pilot lll, the Navman i CN630 and the Magellan Nav750M Plus. I like the Magellan but not the $1500 price Ha!Ha! and I cant make up my mind about the other two.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Question Please Reply with quote

I haven't used the Magellan, and it sounds like you've pretty much ruled that out dueto price. The Street Pilot III is very good, and the beanbag mounting system they provide for the dashboard allowing the SPIII to sit there and not move an inch is great. Navman comes with a windscreen suction mount, the only thing most Navman users complain about, and this was something we covered in our review was that you had to have the iCN630 high on the windscreen which blocked some of our vision to get to be able to press buttons. If you mounted the iCN630 low, then the mount arm wasn't long enough to project the iCN630 closer to you, so you couldn't press the buttons.

All in all both systems are very good. The SPIII is slighly slower in redrawing the screen, but if you plot a route across country you can zoom out to see the entire route, where the Navman only lets you zoom out to about 5 miles.

Check out our reviews of the Street Pilot III and Navman iCN630. It depends really on what your main objectives are which will then direct you to one or the other. The Navman is much smaller, lighter and has a much better design, from an ascetics point of view the Navman wins hands down.
AMN II
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by AMN II on 02 July 2003

I am going to buy a GPS in the next week and need some feedback. I would like your feelings on the Garman Street Pilot lll, the Navman i CN630 and the Magellan Nav750M Plus. I like the Magellan but not the $1500 price Ha!Ha! From what reviews I read so far on the SP lll and the CN630 I am leaning towards the Nav750 regardless of price. Any feedback on the Nav750 ??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Magellan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: